job summary: This position supports the administration of analytical data and reporting for the organization, including system and data warehouse/data mart management, data preparation and reporting, development and testing activities.
location: Phoenix, Arizona
job type: Permanent
salary: $79,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
responsibilities: Maintain and support Hadoop/HDI platform and data tools:
Perform data integration, preparation and process development activities:
- Working knowledge of Hadoop, Linux, Azure/HDI and related tools o Knowledge of Hadoop management tools, such as Ambari, Cloudyn, etc. o Understanding of relevant security components: Kerberos, Ranger, LDAP and HDFS encryption
- General database and developer knowledge including Hive, SQL, SSIS, shell script, .NET, API's etc.
- Assist with system optimization and problem resolution
Support organizational data governance:
- Develop data flows and processes using Unifi software for data governance and ETL
- Build reports using Power BI, Visual Studio components and analytical tools
- Apply data analysis as needed to support business objectives and requests
- Support IT and departmental projects requiring data integration
- Serve as a data consultant to project and business teams and assist in translating business needs into technical requirements
- Be disciplined in developing processes, focused on automation and project timelines, while also being creative in problem solving and handling challenges
- Support and contribute to the organization's overall data model and architecture
- Support the universal application of data related business rules
- Maintain accuracy and consistency in all data activities
- Adhere to organizational security policies, including PII data security, and understand how to handle data responsibly and with caution
qualifications: In order to qualify for this position, the qualified candidate must possess the following level of mastery: Education/Experience Bachelor's degree (BA/BS), preferably with a major in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics. Two years plus experience in business intelligence/analytics/data warehousing/big data and Hadoop tools. Additional experience in the areas of information technology, data science, or corporate finance is desired
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- The degree to which the associate responds to needs and issues of departments to achieve optimal results for the organization. The ability to fulfill requests, in a timely manner, and anticipate and control obstacles.
- The ability to adapt to fast-changing environments. Willingness to take risks and consider new approaches. The ability and degree to which ideas and solutions can be generated to enhance and simplify company processes, methods, and products.
- The ability to make prudent decisions that are timely, well researched, and reflect awareness of impact.
- Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
- Diversified procedures, specialized job standards and specific policies limit the latitude permitted for independent judgment. Decision making requires analytical ability, judgment and ingenuity. There is a moderate amount of discretion available in the job, often with more than one approved course of action. Decision making occurs in pre-authorized operational areas and is normally reviewed by supervisor prior to action, but more involved actions often take the form of recommendations.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.