Sr. Systems Engineer
Senior Systems Engineer Job Description
We're looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to assist in the maintenance and development of our operations. This is an extremely challenging position that focuses on hardening a variety of systems and would be the perfect fit for someone who wants to contribute and grow in a consistently evolving environment.
If you like solving puzzles like what open source technology is available that can be applied as part of our toolset or how do we optimize performance, reduce downtime, and automate? We want someone who is willing to challenge the status quo and make a difference.
location: Playa Vista, California
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 68 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
This Engineer will be a member of a high impact, high performance team with responsibilities that include the supporting several internal client divisions under our media umbrella, supporting extremely visible and high-profile events. Responsibilities
- Maintaining, deploying, and configuring infrastructure for divisional networks.
- Working with a team of engineers to manage and improve existing infrastructure to reflect constant technological changes and threats.
- Designing and deploying system and network architectures.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Create and maintain all levels of documentation.
- Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- A minimum of 4-6 years hands-on experience in a Systems Engineering or Network Engineering role.
- Expertise in a technological area applicable to IP broadcast infrastructure, this includes: Networking, Systems (Windows/Linux), File Transfer, Storage, Virtual Machine, and Cloud platforms. Working knowledge of all platforms outside of expertise area.
- Working experience installing and configuring Linux (CentOS/RHEL) and/or Windows (Server Platform).
- Working experience installing and configuring network switches and firewalls.
- Working experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google, or Azure.
- Strong scripting knowledge (e.g. bash scripts, Python, Ansible).
- Preferably strong and demonstrated experience with configuration management or automation tools such as Ansible or Terraform.
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI Network Layers, TCP/IP).
- Able to work in high-pressure environments, supporting critical on-air broadcast systems.
- Ability to learn and assist in technical areas not related to area of expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills.
- Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.