Director, Endpoint Engineering
Our Fortune 25 client is looking to add a Director of Endpoint Engineering to their growing organization. Please review the responsibilities and requirements below and if you feel as thought you are a fit, apply today!
Individuals within the IT leadership role have responsibility for activities that contribute to planning, creating and implementing an IT vision and strategy aligned with the company's strategic business plan. This role also oversees the development of enterprise standards and technology initiatives, and the IT governance process. They manage small to large teams of people responsible for developing and delivering IT solutions for the business and customers. Each role within this role provides technical and business leadership to their organizations as well as to the business.
IT Leaders are also responsible for analyzing trends in technology, assessing the impact of emerging technologies on the business, providing solutions to address technology and business issues, and managing financial resources while ensuring the development of high-quality technology solutions. These solutions must be developed at the best possible cost and be aligned with customer and business needs while establishing relationships with employees and key internal and external stakeholders.
Under general direction of the Director, Digital Workplace the Director, Endpoint Engineering is responsible for the enterprise delivery of endpoint engineering for Personal and Mobile computing platforms including VDI imaging. Creates the strategic vision and directs the activities of the enterprise Endpoint Engineering teams whose scope of responsibilities include the overall endpoint architecture, design, build, test and deploy functions while managing the operational readiness and solution transition for L1 and L2 support by the Service Desk and Endpoint Support teams.
location: Carrollton, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 160,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Business and IT Strategy
- Works with internal and external customers to understand business needs.
- Contributes to the development of an Enterprise Endpoint technology strategy.
- Manages the development and implementation of IT initiatives to support defined strategies.
- Collaborates with division directors across the organization and key stakeholders for the coordination and alignment of objectives and functions across multiple functional areas.
- Leads the delivery and lifecycle of services for business strategy development.
- Leads the financial and internal customer analysis
- Leads teams performing competitive market assessment/ benchmarking.
- Reviews competitive market assessment/ benchmarking results and makes recommendations.
- Collaborates with client in discerning client business trends and their implications.
- Seeks opportunities to contribute to positive outcomes for clients, stakeholders, and organizational members.
- Approaches issues or disagreements with the objective of reaching win/win solutions.
Governance/ Policies, Processes & Standards
- Leads or participates in an advisory board to manage IT services demand.
- Communicates client's needs and priorities and provides feedback on pricing and investment.
- Ensures compliance to policies, procedures, and standards
- Manages the improvement processes that impact customer satisfaction and relationships.
- Owns the designated processes and is accountable for ensuring that established processes are followed.
- Participates in the development of IT budgets.
- Tracks and takes appropriate steps to stay within budget.
- Provides high-quality services at optimal cost to customers.
- Measures service performance and implements improvements.
- Provides input to financial parameters that drives service costs.
- Directs the development and implementation of technologies/ processes that make it easier for customers and suppliers to do business with increase profitability
Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Participates and provides input to the SLA development process.
- Ensures internal SLAs are met.
- Provides advice and counsel to the vendor relationship decision-making and contract development processes.
- Reviews service provider performance.
- Identifies and confirms performance problems and notifies contract managers.
- Communicates organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and other communication vehicles.
- Supports an environment of open and upward communication with all staff to ensure positive employee morale, effective conflict resolution and upward flow of creative ideas for the benefit of the Company and its employees.
- Meets regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discusses work progress and obstacles.
- Provides advice, guidance, encouragement and constructive feedback.
- Ensures work, information, ideas, and technology flow freely among the section.
- Establishes measurable individual and team objectives that are aligned with business and organizational goals.
- Documents and presents performance assessments.
- Recognizes and rewards associates commensurate with performance.
- Implements organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, career development, training, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Provides input to the identification and development of potential future leaders.
- Identifies the roles, skills and knowledge required.
- Ensures staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives.
- Participates in IT workforce deployment activities.
- Generates appropriate communication, process and educational plans for mitigating the disruption of change.
- Identifies and removes obstacles to change.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
· Typically has 10 to 15 years of IT and business/industry work experience, with knowledge of one process/service.
· Requires experience in managing teams and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
· Requires demonstrated ability to launch and deliver one or more IT project(s) on time and within budget.
skills: MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Demonstrated ability to formulate and execute business strategies to exceed operational expectations and further enhance the customer experience.
2. Deep understanding of business strategy and ability to translate strategy into system and technology solutions.
3. Demonstrated "hands on" experience working in large-scale environments and tweaking business processes to support growth and productivity
4. Demonstrated ability to lead change, able to take calculated risk and seeks continuous improvement
5. Demonstrated ability in building a successful organization and experience delivering results via improved customer satisfaction, lower production costs and high levels of employee engagement
6. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to communicate with customers, associates and management; solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
7. Strong presentation skills; ability to present and discuss strategies and technical information in a manner that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding
8. Ability to establish solid relationships with vendors in support of initiatives; ability to negotiate and manage outside vendors against deliverables.
9. Solid project management skills including the ability to effectively deploy resources and manage multiple projects of various diverse scope in a cross-functional environment
10. Knowledge of key technology standards around ITIL and service delivery
11. Demonstrated experience with managing Endpoint operations
12. Demonstrated experience with managing Endpoint engineering tasks
13. Experience with managing print services across varied domains
14. Solid understanding of active directory
15. Experience with partnering with Service Desk in a collaborative training environment
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.