Randstad Technologies is looking for a Mainframe Analyst for a long term contract to potential hire for our healthcare insurance client in Reston, VA. This will be to support an ongoing project to work on legacy applications on a mainframe. This person will need to have strong SQL and COBOL experience.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 72 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The ideal mainframe analyst will have the following experience:
5-8 Years Experience
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills applied to business software solutions maintenance and/or development.
- Must have Mainframe, COBOL programming, DB2, SQL, Data and Requirements Analysis in Health Care.
- Understand Data Trends and ability to perform Data Analysis by writing complex queries.
- Knowledge of the software development standards and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to find efficiencies and improve processes.
- Proven ability to determine systemic process faults and improve overall process performance across organizations.
- Understanding of claims adjudication, particularly in a health care environment
- Understanding of health industry diagnosis, procedure and revenue codes and their application
- Strong business analytical skills.
- Strong process analysis skills
- Strong process documentation skills
- Excellent communication/writing skills,
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Attentive to detail, highly -organized, and able to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Experience with claims adjudication
- Experience in a software application development environment in an analytical role
- Bachelors (Health administration; business administration; software engineering or related degree required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.