We're looking for a Technical Project Manager supporting the Product and Technology organization. You are an integral member of the product team driving operational efficiencies to reduce cost and time to market. You are expected to partner with product managers and engineers, helping to ensure requirements are fleshed out and that engineers have what is needed to code from start to finish. You are the first line of defense in identifying the necessary information for critical issues while being able to maintain internal/external relationships without the help of an engineer. This requires you to be fluent in both technology to be able to work with developers, and the language of product marketing, and operations. This is a fast-paced environment and you are expected to dive deep into ad serving technology, distributed systems and get your hands dirty with details. You should be able to run a scrum team and manage backlogs and prioritize work for the engineers across multiple programs. Above all else, you are expected to manage the inevitable change over the lifecycle of a project; lead with vision, plan with foresight, execute with precision, and handle change with grace. This is an individual contributor role initially.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Drive the engineering coordination and execution focused towards launching various new projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams (internal and external) and product teams in developing project schedules, milestones and risk analyses.
- Manage complex technical integrations with our publishers on desktop, mobile, and connected device.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to manage, track and control project issues to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Develop reports to track planning, scheduling, issues, risks and overall status.
- Oversee the creation of new processes and tools as necessary to support additional needs and requirements of a fast-growing business; exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects, and products realistic and attainable within a given timeline.
- Create and manage the JIRA workflow which includes architecting JIRA taxonomy, sprints, release schedules, software versioning and anything additional to create operational efficiencies.
- Document all technical requirements in Confluence and maintain the repository of our Products and Integrations.
- Excellent communication and collaboration at all levels, with crisp and compelling verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills and listening skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to varying audiences. This is important when managing internal and external stakeholders; be able to persuade without authority.
- 3+ experience as a Technical Project Manager ideally in advertising technology, broadcast and cable, or associated technology media companies
- Experience as a Scrum Master and leading scrum ceremonies required
- Experience in generating project/program reports for executive management
- High degree of competency with project management including Agile methodology, identifying and managing risks, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communicating overall project status.
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, related fields.
- Cross-functional Project Management experience working among several groups such as: design, product management, engineering, research and business stakeholders.
- Comfortable writing internally and externally facing technical documentation, supportive of our efforts to streamline product integration work with third parties such as publishers, advertisers, technology service providers, and other technology players in the advertising and media ecosystem
- Attend and participate in design and architecture reviews and leverage this information in the design of effective and dependable project plans.
- Coordinate all aspects of the release process for all our products.
- High energy and a positive outlook with the passion to make things better at every opportunity.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
- An ability to break down Epics into User Stories and help guide the team into breaking user stories into tasks
- Contribute to maintaining and disseminating individual product roadmaps and our global product roadmaps.
skills: Technical qualifications:
- Understanding of and experience with advertising technology specifications, ad servers, (VAST, VPAID, MRAID, FreeWheel, DFP), products and their underlying technical flow
- Experience with connected TV devices (Roku, Apple TV, Playstation, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Vizio, Samsung, and more) and their related programming stacks
- Ability to contribute to the design of internal and external SDKs, APIs or equivalent particularly in Android, tvOS, iOS, Roku, Web Services.
- Understand enough technology to be able to catch dependencies especially between teams.
- Experience with Agile development practices and Test-Driven Development
- Experience with video technologies, workflow and playback experiences (i.e. HLS, MPEG-DASH, SSAI, CSAI)
- Understand Continuous Deployment/Integration concepts for application development
- Have worked in an operations organization and understand platform support and development.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.