Client is seeking a Principal Quant Developer to join their Fixed Income Quant Development Team. This is a core software engineering role in our dynamic and fast-paced quantitative development team. You will be 'embedded' within the quantitative research team and you will partner with the investment teams on various projects including portfolio construction, risk management, and alpha research. You will create high quality, robust, and efficient analytical solutions that will be used to enhance Fixed Income's investment processes.
This role impacts the organization by improving the quality and time-to-market of Research initiatives through a combination of both analytical and software development skillsets. The assignments will include gathering the ideas, conceptualizing them through a programming language, and creating a packaged solution that can be used by the investment professionals. The Team
This team provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. It is an integral partner to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally. Our Fixed Income group manages over 1 trillion dollars of assets across money market and bond portfolios.
location: Merrimack, New Hampshire
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: The Value You Deliver
- Applying analytical and quantitative concepts to support investment needs and develop new solutions
- Leading the implementation of a research project through the entire software development lifecycle utilizing a full-stack implementation
- Adding scale, rigor, and repeatability to research through software development best practices
- Assisting the research teams in developing new models and products that will provide an advantage to the organization in the marketplace
- Trusted technical partner who collaborates closely with quantitative investment research teams to co-develop, validate, and implement new research ideas with proof-of-concept, prototype, and production solutions
qualifications: The Expertise You Have
- Bachelor's in a quantitative or computational field such as Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- Over 10 years professional experience in a quantitative/computational environment
- Full-stack software development knowledge and critical thinking skills to design optimal solutions
- Strong software engineering skills, preferably including C++, Python, SQL, and Linux
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders, including fundamental and quantitative researchers and technology partners
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.