job summary: Datacenter Lead Engineer needed for contract opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA.
- We are looking for a hardcore Datacenter Lead Engineer to provide expert level support as well as solutions for the Development/Test Server Lab Environment. Areas of expertise include many aspects of supporting a secure, highly-available environment including server, storage, network, virtualization, and basic application troubleshooting.
- This individual will assist in performing technical evaluations of hardware in response to business needs and strategic direction. This position coordinates with System Engineers, Project Managers, Operations Staff, and Sr. Management to provide and support IT business solutions.
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 28 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Ensures day-to-day operation of all Lab Infrastructure including networks, servers, databases etc. as well as applications and customer support in accordance with established SLAs.
- Responsible for all Server Lab activities: break/fix tickets, maintenance tasks, maintaining records, coordinating monthly/quarterly audits, planning for capacity changes, and ensuring compliance with client + government regulations.
- Facilitates root cause analyses and preventive actions related to outage activities, as well as oversee the change schedule, and projected service outage impacts for infrastructure and application deployment execution.
- Manage inventory and customer spares, while also responsible for all replacement procedures to ensure 24x7 availability.
- Provides leadership and coaching to manage a small team (2-3) of technical staff to meet objectives.
- Development and maintenance of infrastructure plans including local data management, emergency/incident response and disaster recovery.
- Take responsibility for the administration and implementation of multiple concurrent Infrastructure projects or changes assigned to the entire team, and adapt accordingly based on their shifting schedules and changing priorities.
qualifications: Qualifications and Skills
- 10+ years of IT infrastructure experience and proven working knowledge of physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, HVAC, Power, etc.)
- 1+ year experience being in a lead role.
- Extensive collaboration with peers across IT organization to streamline project delivery.
- Outstanding customer service skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people at various technical levels within the organization.
- Sound technical problem resolution, event correlation, and trending analysis, judgment, negotiating/prioritization, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated skills in operations management, planning, scheduling, problem solving, controlling, innovation, analysis, communication and negotiation.
- Fostering and environment of Teamwork, Strategic Thinking, Innovation, and Cost Savings.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.