INFRASTRUCTURE & RELEASE ENGINEERING MANAGER
We are searching for an experienced Infrastructure & Release engineering leader who is passionate about incorporating the latest and greatest automation and DevOps practices into our SDLC enabling Extron to build world-class AV solutions to meet customer demand with high efficiency, quality and speed. This position will manage a distributed team of infrastructure and release engineers supporting a global set of cross functional engineering teams. Not only will this candidate manage existing processes, this person will help drive us towards a more unified release architecture across all groups.
location: Raleigh, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Manage a team of infrastructure and release engineers whose goal is to rapidly deliver infrastructure and release artifacts for a wide range of engineering products including but not limited to on-prem, web and mobile solutions.
- Collaborate with engineering leads and product owners to develop and deliver a consistent and predictive software release process.
- Architect and design continuous integration and continuous delivery processes and automation.
- Establish development standards and best practices within the team
- Manage release and deployment infrastructure including proactively monitoring and managing a 24/7 system.
- Recommend process improvements for change and release management.
- Support of agile principles and values within and across the cross functional teams.
- Coach and mentor individual engineers in terms of their professional development.
- Implement metrics and processes for measuring performance and success of departmental services across the cross functional teams.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 2+ years' experience leading engineering teams.
- 5+ years' experience serving as an Infrastructure/Release Engineer.
- 5+ years' experience with build and release automation and IAC.
- 5+ years' experience working in Windows, Mac and Linux environments.
- Experience in network design, configuration and topologies is a plus.
- Experience in test automation and frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with Docker a plus.
- Ability to use Jenkins to automate and script deployments and infrastructure tasks, including Nexus, Artifactory and all aspects of the build pipeline.
- Strong attention to detail and quality control.
- Strong communicative and organizational skills.
skills: Lead experience with Engineering teams
Infrastructure/Build and Release experience
Excellent communication skills
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.