Our client in Jacksonville, FL is looking for a Data Scientist
to join their growing team. This is an onsite opportunity in Jacksonville. Sponsorship is not available.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Data Scientists produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets. Apply knowledge of statistics, data modeling, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries. Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models. Generate and test hypotheses. The Data Scientist proactively seeks to develop their skillsets and provide value-added support within the Data Science team. Essential functions: Communication & Project Ownership
- Support large projects, and manage smaller projects in their entirety
- Partner with senior team members to assess customer needs and define business questions. Emerging ability to influence customers to take action on analytical insights.
- Communicate results and insights, both verbally and written (including visual graphics), in a clear and concise manner to a non-technical audience.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects and accommodate frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Effectively participate in meetings with customers and emerging ability to guide discussion and decision making.
Reporting & Other
- Acquire and bring structure to data so that it can be used in existing and new data systems.
- Build tools that help you and the other Data Scientists translate insights into action at scale.
- Identify, define and translate business needs/problems into analytical questions.
- Design and execute experiments, models, algorithms, and visualizations
- Understand data sources and limitations, warehousing system and the impact of the data on business decisions.
- Identify, retrieve, and manipulate data from internal and external datasets.
- Apply statistical and computational methodologies to provide actionable insights and identify opportunities that optimize quality, consumer experience, and healthcare costs.
- Develop scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development, validation, and implementation.
- Contribute to technical reports, white papers, and publications.
- Stay current on new processes and technology in Data Science and communicate findings to team
- Perform all other tasks as assigned
qualifications: Job Requirements:
- Requires experience with Object oriented programming such as Python or Java. and statistical packages - 3 years of SAS, SAS EG, and SAS EM, 1 yr of R or Python.
- Requires expert proficiency in SQL
- Requires experience with visual analytical packages such as Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in supporting large projects, and manage smaller projects in their entirety
- Ability to partner with senior team members to assess customer needs and define business questions. Emerging ability to influence customers to take action on analytical insights.
- Ability to communicate results and insights, both verbally and written (including visual graphics), in a clear and concise manner to a non-technical audience.
- Must have applied experience with advanced analytics e.g. predictive analytics models
- Must have applied experience in Machine Learning
- Experience in Big Data - e.g. Hadoop
- Business Intelligence tool development
- Other programming experience - Java, Perl, Python, UNIX/Linux scripting
- Healthcare, medical, or pharmaceutical work experience
- Experience with analysis around quality, consumer experience, and healthcare costs
- Experience in consumer analytics
- Experience in business analytics
3-5 years related work experience in advanced analytics or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education Required Education:
Related Bachelor's degree in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer science (e.g. specialization: Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence /Visualization, databases, and Big Data), Statistics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, or closely related field with Data Science specialization or additional related equivalent work experience
- Object Oriented Programming such as Python, Java, SAS, SAS EG, SAS EM
- Tableau or Microsoft Power BI
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.