Our client, a leading financial services firm, is hiring a Project Manager to support the Ratings Operations team. This role will be based in New York report to the Head of the Operations Project Management Office. This is a growth role as the company expands.
The team has a number of exciting and transforming initiatives related to the company's workflow, applications / systems, and product development that will require detailed project management and oversight to ensure their success in an agile / scrum framework.
The Project Manager will be responsible for planning, managing and coordinating all stages of their project portfolio. The right individual will be execution-oriented, ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget.
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Work closely with the Operations Senior Team, Information Technology Development Teams, Business Stakeholders, and other senior managers in the organizations various offices.
- Managing the outcomes of deliverables and the day to day execution of activities within different workstreams, ensuring the follow up of the defined project framework by leading teams of SME's and IT professionals to define and deliver technology solutions based on business goals
- Potential to serve as a product owner within the Scrum methodology whilst receiving direction from Senior Stakeholders.
- Develop and monitor project plans against clear milestones and report statuses to PMO, Sponsors or stakeholders weekly
- Accountable for the identification, management and reporting of project risks and issues along with mitigation and/or workarounds. Escalating them (risks and issues), with mitigations to the PMO office and project sponsors when outside of agreed tolerances
- Responsible for delivery of all key milestones, to accepted levels and in line with forecasted indicators
- Develop an effective relationship with all internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to identify deliverables' dependencies and challenges
- Tracking performance against objectives and ability to develop corrective strategies when objectives are not being met
- Resolving conflicting priorities in scope, schedule and cost for projects
- 5+ years relevant experience ideally focused on Credit Rating, debt capital markets, and / or financial services.
- Experience with technology projects within complex, multi-faceted system environments
- Ability to plan and manage projects which span both business and IT disciplines
- Capable of defining project milestones even when not provided
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively lead cross-functional team discussions
- Knowledge of methodologies (Agile, specifically the Scrum Framework) and project management frameworks (e.g. PMI, PRINCE)
- Knowledge and experience in project management responsibilities, use/ creation of project artifacts for,
- Status reporting and Risk Management Change management
- Tracking, allocating, analyzing and reporting estimates and budget
- Communicating with project stakeholders, scrum masters and product owners
- Managing the efforts of multiple project teams concurrently
- Ability to deliver presentations to senior management when required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.