Sr. Data Management (Scientist)
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Sr. Data Management (Scientist) to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Pasadena, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Includes the design, test, implementation, control and maintenance of organization's relational databases across platforms into a cloud computing environment (e.g. Azure).
- Leading the development, implementation, and automation of business and reporting solutions by partnering with stakeholders to ensure their design, planning, and implementation needs are being met while ensuring consistency and coherency of output.
- Reporting to senior-level stakeholders on key findings; and identifying needs for the development and implementation of additional reporting solutions.
- Reviewing data design and analysis; defining, calculating, and validating algorithms; reviewing and approving results of analyses; and providing technical support on complex analyses including inferential and/or predictive statistics.
- Ensuring data reports, visualizations, and/or interactive Business Intelligence (BI) reports meet established standards.
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Contract
salary: $38.97 - 43.84 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Project Management: Manages small to medium size projects. Develops and executes project plans. Provides project reporting to project sponsor under guidance of higher-level resource.
- Meta Data Repository: Develops data definitions consistent with data management standards and conventions. Defines meta data structures for information repository and performs model management.
- Data Design (logical): Analyzes business information requirements and translates these into logical database designs. Collaborates with physical database designers to develop alternative solutions for meeting complex and conflicting requirements. Develops data definitions consistent with data management standards and conventions. Participates in model integration and convergence activities.
- Database Development (physical): Develops, tests and implements the organization's physical databases across multiple platforms, technologies and computing environments.
- Database Performance: Provides support to Lead in capacity planning, forecasting, and tuning. Develops performance/tuning evaluation reports.
- Communications: Communicates business/information models to clients, developers and database designers. Communicates database designs to data analyst and application programming staff.
- Technology Evaluation: Researches and evaluates alternative database solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost-effective solution for the project, ensuring consistency with enterprise direction.
- Methodologies and Standards: Recommends development of or adoption/incorporation of new methodologies and standards for supporting information management.
- Database Management and Support Tools: Implements, configures and customizes database management and support tools.
- Client Consulting: Consults with clients and development areas in the design and implementation of small to medium projects. Consults with clients to determine information management requirements.
- Training/Mentoring: Provides direction, guidance, and technical support to clients, applications, and operations areas. Develops technical and analytical skills of lower level resources.
- Data Transformation: Designs, develops and tests complex transformation extract s and load routines.
- Database Maintenance: Provides second level diagnosis and resolution of database problems. Works with vendor personnel, if necessary, to achieve timely solutions of database problems. Escalates as necessary and provides problem resolutions.
- Supports leadership in reviewing performance metrics and outcomes to drive ongoing operational change and improvements
- Support the implementation of technology or business process integration plans.
- Lead the development, tracking, maintenance, and reporting of performance metrics (for example, data quality, customer metrics, financials).
- Leverage technologies, systems solution design, data, and metrics in alignment with the organization's vision, goals and objectives.
- Participate in cross-functional and/or cross divisional task forces to identify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and system specifications.
- Lead the development, implementation, and automation of business and reporting solutions by partnering with stakeholders to ensure their design, planning, and implementation needs are being met while ensuring consistency and coherency of output; reviewing and approving results; ensuring data reports, visualizations, and/or interactive Business Intelligence (BI),reports meet established standards; reporting to senior-level stakeholders on key findings; and identifying needs for the development and implementation of additional reporting solutions.
- Consult the execution of creative data analytic approaches leading to actionable outcomes by reviewing data design and analysis; approving metrics to be analyzed; defining, calculating, and validating algorithms; reviewing and approving results of analyses; and providing technical support on complex analyses including inferential and/or predictive statistics.
- Manages data preparation for analytic efforts by integrating and consolidating data; ensuring data quality and accuracy; approving process improvements and recommending system changes to enhance overall quality of the data; escalating issues to ensure remediation as appropriate
- Collaborate with consultants, data analyst, data scientists, and data engineers to drive model implementations and new algorithms.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in a leadership role with or without direct reports.
- Knowledge of Datawarehouse and reporting
- Knowledge of database and reporting tools and capabilities (i.e. ETL informatica, Tableau, Cognos)
- Experience in server and database administration of virtual servers and databases.
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases preferred.
- Four (4) years' experience creating workflows preferred.
- Four (4) years' experience in systems engineering preferred.
- Four (4) years' experience setting up data architectures preferred.
- Two (2) years' experience working with Tableau preferred.
- Three (3) years project management experience preferred.
- Two (2) years complex event modeling experience preferred.
- Two (2) years' experience working with Open Source Tools (e g , R, Python) preferred.
- Two (2) years statistical modeling experience preferred.
- Two (2) years' experience working with Cognos preferred.
- Two (2) years' experience working with business intelligence tools preferred.
- Two (2) years data simulation experience preferred.
- Three (3) years of programming in SAS, SQL, VBA, net, or equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
- Minimum five (5) years of content/functional experience
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.