Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Performance Engineer to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Pasadena, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Chief Digital Office (CDO) is looking for a consultant level system performance engineer to join the SDF Planning Team to support a complex cloud migration
The Senior Performance Engineer will model, monitor, analyze and report on all aspects of system performance. The role will also be responsible for system and hosting design, performance report analysis and root cause analysis for production performance issues
location: Pasadena, California
job type: Contract
salary: $83.33 - 93.75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Business and technical requirement elicitation for workloads, services etc.
- Technical and financial planning for new programs/projects
- Designing monitoring systems and test/automation scenarios
- Making architectural, technical and run time parameter recommendations for new and existing systems/services
- Performing problem analysis and reviewing/publishing test results for multiple system components to include JVM, VM sizing, physical server configuration, SAN planning and configuration for network etc.
- 10+ years of supporting end-to-end performance management from Dev env to Prod env.
- 10+ years of strong background of Linux operating within a large virtualized production infrastructure
- Must have at least at least 10 years in Performance management and/or performance testing within a large and technically complex production environment to include performing queuing and other mathematical analysis
- Ability to define and drive the performance measurement methodology for complex systems
- Extensive experience in defining performance test requirements and analyzing performance reports to determine and document level of risk
- Extensive experience of debugging, analyzing performance issues and system tuning
- Proficient in using monitoring tools like Foglight, nmon, Splunk, Sitescope, JMeter, IBM ISA tools for GC/Heap analysis, Wireshark, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Comfortable communicating to executive management
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Taking ownership and accountability on the solutions, being able to think outside the box for devising quick solutions.
- Strong Microsoft Office tools experience, especially Excel and Powerpoint
- Adobe experience manager
- KVS caching subsystems (Redis, WXS)
- KVM Linux
- IBM Websphere/Portal/Tomcat/Axway/Apigee
- Oracle RAC
- Oracle OAM/OUD
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.