As a Cloud Service - Operations, Full Stack Engineer under the Cloud Enablement Group, you will be part of the Global Technology organization and work closely other product engineers, architects and developers to build highly reliable products. The Development Operations Group manage the entire Microsoft Azure Cloud environment for development and as such we'll rely on your experience to help us build out the automated, shining beacon of best-practice infrastructure that we need, and your role will be supported by the teams of top-notch developers, support engineers and the entire organization to deliver the best of breed products and services to our clients.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 155,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- 7+ years of computing experience, knowledge and excitement about the terrain and 2+ years of direct Microsoft Azure experience or equivalent Amazon AWS experience in like technologies
- A solid grasp of the programming tools at their disposal, and knowledge of the time and place to use each one
- Working experience with configuration management ( e.g. Ansible/Puppet/Chef/DSC )
- Working experience with monitoring ( e.g. OMS/APM/AppDynamics ) and notification systems
- Strong/Expert knowledge of Azure ARM templates, PowerShell, AZ CLI, shell, Python
- Pragmatic problem-solving abilities dealing with complex systems
- Comfortable wearing lots of hats in a heterogeneous environment: working with web servers and databases, and software, dashboards and various IaaS systems and PaaS resources
- Ability to deliver long-term, repeatable IaC solutions that incorporate directly into an overall CI/CD process
- Strong/Expert knowledge of container provisioning and management (Docker/Docker Swarm/Kubernetes) a strong plus
- Strong commitment to standardization
- The Cloud Enablement Group place exceptional value on experience and skills that directly align our needs within the Azure tech stack, specifically experience and knowledge of:
- IaaS and PaaS technologies in general and a deep knowledge of the tools to support the infrastructure and platform
- System Engineering
- Deep knowledge of Windows, Linux, directory services, etc.
- Network Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of networking and SDN
- Specifically, environment delivery and support for the following or their AWS equivalents:
- Azure Kubernetes Service / Kubernetes
- Docker, Docker Swarm
- Red Hat OpenShift
- Azure Service Fabric
- Application Service Environment
- Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Azure APIM, APIM
- Azure AD, Directory Services
- Azure OMS/Application Insights, AppDynamics
- Global Traffic Manager, Front Door, Application Gateway, f5
- Redis Cache
- ...any Azure PaaS resource in an automated, repeatable fashion through a combination of Azure ARM templates, PowerShell, shell, Python, etc.
- Provisioning and capacity planning
- Cloud SDN (Azure)
- Operationalization of solutions from Development POCs through Production
- Strong security/audit awareness
- Vulnerability and patch management
skills: An excellent command of written and spoken English
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.