Our client is hiring a Financial Analyst
in Sacramento, CA. Overview
The ideal candidate will have a solid finance/accounting background, strong analytical and modeling skills, and ideally a good understanding of retail business. Will provide timely, accurate and insightful analyses of financial performance to support various areas of the business. Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills are a must as this position will be embedded with the business and will support numerous functional areas across the Company.
Under broad supervision, to prepare, reconcile and analyze intermediate to complex financial information; to perform special studies, develop new processes and procedures, performs intermediate to complex modeling; and to provide accurate information to management for review, analysis and decision making; to ensure that production standards are met within established timelines; to ensure adherence to corporate, State, and Federal reporting regulations; and to act as a resource to others regarding departmental operations. This job classification requires thorough knowledge of departmental operations and systems; strong knowledge of accounting/financial practices and procedures; the ability to accurately produce, analyze, and interpret a variety of financial documents and statements; and the ability to resolve complex operational or customer complaint problems. Responsibilities
Qualifications Preferred Experience & Education:
- Support the development of new financial and operational metrics for the business.
- Prepare period, quarterly, and annual reporting for leadership teams.
- Build models to aid in decision-making and strategy, and executing on the initiatives.
- Own projects from start to finish, ensuring all teams involved are delivering high-quality results
- Manage business P&Ls and influencing business decisions that drive revenue, cost, and/or free cash flow.
- Build complex financial models and analytical tools to measure overall financial performance.
- Act as the day-to-day liaison between Finance and functional areas within the Company.
- Perform period business reviews, reviewing monthly P&L's, identifying and researching significant variances
- Influence business decisions that drive revenue, cost and/or free cash flow.
- 5 years of relevant experience
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- Strong MS Office/Excel skills are required and experience with a financial planning system
(SAP/BPC, Hyperion, Cognos, SRC, Axiom) is a plus.
- Ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload
- Strong interpersonal skills - including written and oral communication skills
- Ability to write presentations and present information effectively to top management and/or board of directors.
- Strong understanding of financial and accounting concepts.
- Experienced with leading and supervising team
- Experience in retail finance strongly preferred
- Highly intelligent, confident, decisive, competitive, energetic, and passionate.
- Highly analytical and logical; skilled at problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Ability to grasp issues in a dynamic environment and organize activities to quickly achieve desired outcomes.
location: West Sacramento, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $57,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Perform detailed analysis and reconciliation of accounts. Understand the flow and workings of the account. Understanding both sides of entries and the impact. No generalizations, all balance are validated, variances are identified and documented. - Work with other departments such as accounts payable, information services, and maintenance to determine capitalization requirements - Understand SAP and the financial services modules, general ledger, accounts payable, procurement, projects and asset accounting to identify and correct problems that arise. - Effectively communicate variances to other departments to resolve balances. - Sustain a relationship with the maintenance department that will serve their financial needs for budgeting and P&L review. - Oversee period close as it relates to asset accounting and maintenance related accounts. - Understand the flow of each interface that is received and in order to validate, and trouble shoot. - Create and develop ad hoc queries/reports, validate allocations, and process reoccurring journals - Backup department manager as well as be the first line of help for department employees - Recommend, design, and implement ongoing improvements in accounting process and procedures for assigned area - Assist with special projects - Review and validate quarter end asset roll forward reports for financial reporting packages and assist in impairment analysis - Assist treasurer with tax provision calculations
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Financial Analysis skills (trends, forecast reports, etc.)
- Fixed Asset Accounting skills
- Accounts Payable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.