Sr. Project Manager
job summary: Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Sr. Project Manager to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Burbank, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
We are seeking a candidate who has background/general well-rounded knowledge of end to end processes, workstream dependencies, has the ability to effectively integrate that info. when needed, exceptional oral/written communication and presentation skills, excellent logic/deductive reasoning skills, creative, critical and analytical thinking, has intellectual curiosity, is resourceful, is comfortable working in an unstructured environment, is able to 'think on their feet', make sound judgement calls, manage scope, compartmentalize when needed, get to the core issue or root cause of a problem quickly while avoiding conflating of irrelevant problems/issues, etc., and being able to successfully 'zoom in/out' as needed when managing a project - e.g., be able go high-level/general and concise when needed vs. honing in/focusing on specifics/details depending on audience (e.g., executive leadership vs. technical SMEs).
Our experience with other Sr. PMs is that it takes at least a 2-year runway to become proficient in the role. Hence, we need someone who plans to stay at least 2 years, preferably longer.
location: Burbank, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45.96 - 51.71 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Managing multiple projects and/or programs simultaneously, data analysis/interpretation/metrics report-out, end-to-end assessment and root cause/gap analysis, cross-functional stakeholder interaction/engagement, presentations and meetings.
- Proficient at managing 2 - 4 simple-to-medium complexity projects with guidance, relatively independently, without excessive hand-holding.
- Member-oriented - all project outcomes should be favorable for our members. Project teammates are expected to be able to work independently but may collaborate when needed or seek guidance/advice from colleagues/managers as needed. All Dept. team members are willing to offer help and share knowledge. Very hands-off leadership approach, no micro-managing.
- Highly autonomous employee, outstanding deductive reasoning/critical/analytical/quantitative/creative thinking skills, able to make sound judgement calls when needed and think on their feet, intellectually curious, knowledge of end-to-end processes and root cause/gap identification and scope management.
- Effective scope management, communication, quantitative analysis of data/metrics, end- to-end knowledge/gap analysis, focusing on the core issues/root causes.
- Any MSSA/HPPSA trainings required as part of new employee orientation/onboarding as well as training offered in-Dept. as described below under 'Career Path'.
- Epic Proficiency preferred, not required. PMP or similar cert preferred, not required.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum education required.
- Important for employee to be comfortable working independently, self-manage time, tasks, etc., know how/when to prioritize as situations change. Guidance will be provided on projects during 1:1 sessions and meetings, but candidate should be able to form their own opinion or idea on next steps without need for step by step instructions.
- Candidate should be ready to present project inventory and status during meetings with manager and be prepared for project strategy sessions. Lots of meetings, calls and cross-functional stakeholder interaction so being able to tailor messages to different audiences and knowing when to 'zoom in/zoom out' when needed depending on audience.
- Likely that candidate will work remotely with option to go to office or when needed for in-person meetings, thus candidate should be comfortable with telecommuting. As telecommuting is a privilege, candidate must be responsive to phone/chat/email, readily available for meetings, calls, etc.
- Being able to successfully work independently; effectively managing project scope; delivering work timely with competing priorities; being firm with certain stakeholders when needed; knowing how to approach/interpret data properly and obtaining the right parameters; identifying the true root cause of an issue.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.