Sr. Business Analyst
Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a talented Sr. Business Analyst to join a well-known client of ours within a location in the Burbank, CA area. Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
Responsible for identifying and documenting business processes through interviewing clients and reviewing and analyzing existing systems and processes. Articulates interrelationships and recasts business flow into system specifications. Conducts gap analyses to document discrepancies between business requirements and system capabilities. May develop project plans and ensure plan adherence. As system development progresses, may have input into reporting requirements/report development, user interfaces, and coordinates or conducts UAT and the final evaluation of the system solution. Serves as liaison between line business (client) and the IT organization.
location: Burbank, California
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Requirements definition and analysis: collects and researches specific client requirements for projects, identifies requirements, gathers workflow data and basic system and reporting specifications.
- Develops, implements, and supports common business processes and tools.
- Recommends basic alternatives to address problems.
- Assesses and manages risks to minimize impact to the overall operations and/or project.
- Provides functional direction in a particular area of the operation or project.
- Project planning and execution: participates in project management process, including participating in project meetings.
- May document issues, action items, user requirements, or deliverables from project meetings.
- Performs a variety of project related activities, including analysis or preparation of documentation and presentations.
- Plans and manages initiatives, proposals, or projects, including identifying project resource needs and roles.
- Accomplishes all work within established methodologies and standards.
- Strategic Planning and Implementation: Collaborates with functional/departmental team members to partner with the line business, IT and ASM to define, design, and deliver on strategic solutions to meet critical business needs.
- Researches, analyzes, proposes and implements best practice processes and solutions.
- Business User/Owner Application Support: Provides 2nd and 3rd tier application support for assigned application(s).
- Monitors production batch and ad hoc jobs as required to ensure proper functioning and completion of business operations.
- Researches and resolves technical and functional issues according to defined prioritization/severity scheme.
- Influences client and gains commitment to changes required.
- Experience: Minimum twelve (12) years of related professional experience.
- Education: Bachelor's degree, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field. High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Account Management: Manages relationships with assigned customers/internal clients.
- As a change agent, works to drive culture change, client communications, and related work regarding system changes, implementations, and related business process impacts.
- Business and Process Improvement: Identifies opportunities for business or process improvement; makes associated recommendations and implements as appropriate.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.