Randstad Technologies is supporting an organization on the Westside of Cleveland who is rapidly expanding their technology footprint and innovation to further grow their business. They are looking to bring on several, talented Software Developers with extensive experience in the Microsoft Stack to assist with a backlog of project and enhancement requests for an existing, business critical application. Required Skills Include: C#/.NET (Web Forms) SOAP/XML Web Services They offer a fun, employee first environment, with tons of collaboration on projects and will also make you feel right at home.
location: Strongsville, Ohio
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
education: High School
The Senior Software Developer position will be part of a fast-moving and dynamic development team, building and enhancing enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack utilizing C# and Microsoft SQL Server. Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Works closely with software team to develop a thorough knowledge of NAE/NWAN's supported systems and business rules
- Effectively works and communicates with business users to understand both department and business processes
- Maintains high standards of software quality by following established standards and practices
- Collaborates closely with the team in the planning and design of database architectures and software solutions
- Monitors and updates assigned software tickets
- Accurately estimates and tracks time spent on assigned tasks
- Integrates systems by implementing database architectures, server scripting and web services
- Troubleshoots development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Participates in rotating weekly support schedule
- Updates job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products/APIs, participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests
- Develops knowledge of NAE's unique business rules as they relate to our custom software systems
- Strives to enforce and live the NAE Philosophy of CQSE each and every day
- Other duties as requested and assigned
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the development, implementation, and maintenance of complex business applications
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written) and the ability to communicate effectively with End User Clients, IT executives, Project Managers, and development teams.
- Leadership style that exhibits high energy, strategic thinking, collaboration, direct communication and results orientation
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, the ability to transform abstract concepts into deliverable technical solutions.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Competency (or appropriate vendor certification) in these software development environments:
- Web Development (specifically Web Forms)
- Web Services/Web API
- SOLID Principles
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field or the equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience in the automotive or insurance industry a very strong plus
- Normal office environment.
- Ability to frequently sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to occasionally walk, stand, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Ability to spend extended hours in front of a computer screen and use close vision, distant vision and depth perception.
- Ability to lift at least 20 pounds.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School
- SOAP / REST Web Services
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.