job summary: Job Summary:
The Xamarin Software Engineer
requires knowledge and expertise to participate in the architectural design, development, and enhancement of applications. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands the overall vision, business needs and the solution architecture for cross-platform mobile applications
- Develops cross platform (iOS, Android, and Windows) application using Xamarin
- Writes high-quality code for the mobile application for native and rich user experiences
- Works to build business knowledge and to transform this knowledge and business requirements into technical specifications
- Estimates technical requirements and breaks down work to user stories and tasks
- Plans, develops, tests, deploys and monitors cross-platform mobile apps in a DevOps model
- Works with Leads and Architects on various prototypes, or proof of concept, to test solution
- Other duties as assigned
location: Exton, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hands-on experience in the following:
- Developing & managing cross-platform mobile projects with .NET, using C#, LINQ, Rest APIs.
- Xamarin Forms and Xamarin Native development (Xamarin iOS, Xamarin Droid), Xamarin Studio or Xamarin for Visual Studio on both Apple iOS and Android platforms.
- Creating custom controls and customizing existing controls for Xamarin Apps
- UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app development, XAML and Visual Studio
- developing mobile applications for cloud-based solution (e.g. Azure integrations like Enterprise single sign-on with Azure Active Directory, integration with Azure Storage etc.)
- Mobile App Services, Push Notifications for both Android and iOS
- HockeyApp/Visual Studio App Center with Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) / DevOps for Mobile Apps.
- Automation Testing for Xamarin
- Feature development like offline and sync, Social integration with Facebook, Twitter, Google.
- Deploy applications to the Apple App Store or to Google Play
- Profiling cross-platform application using Xamarin Profiler
- Various code repositories like Git, TFS, etc
- Experience in SOLID principles, design patterns, and MVVM Architecture.
- Developing in an Agile methodology with Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Very good understanding and knowledge of the following:
- Overall Cross Platform app development ecosystem, lifecycle, user experiences and roadmaps
- Shared Projects and Portable Class Library (PCL)
- Core Android & iOS features, SQLite, MBaaS etc
- Best practices in cross-platform UX design and development
- Third-party components like Telerik / Syncfusion etc. is a plus.
- Xamarin Binding is a Plus.
- Familiar with SAP HANA REST API Integration with Xamarin is a plus
- Overall 3+ years of experiences in Mobile app development (2-3 years with Xamarin Forms & Xamarin Native )
- Previous development experiences on Native Android and IOS (using Core Java, Swift / XCode)
- Ability to work in a global and virtual environment and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Willingness to global travel
skills: Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.