Randstad Technologies is hiring and we're looking for someone like YOU to join our team! If you are seeking a new opportunity, looking to grow in your career, or you know someone who is - we want to hear from you! Take a look at the below opportunity, or feel free to visit RandstadUSA.com to view and apply to any of our open roles.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Project/Program Manager with experience moving an organization away from project-centric environment to an IT PMO structure. Agile experience is required.
Excellent communication skills are key and PMP is not required.
location: Kansas City, Missouri
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
With little or no direction, the Sr. Project Manager performs project management activities for complex, high-profile programs and projects. Projects will be managed in both waterfall and agile methodologies so successful candidates will know both. Agile knowledge will be to interact with some agile teams. Throughout the delivery lifecycle, the Project Manager collaborates with the Scrum Master, clients, and internal teams to continually iterate while keeping the project on track. This individual is also responsible for providing clarity in the client's timeline and budget while mitigating risks to delivering a successful website or product. Our ideal candidate will have a strong background in project management and client services, familiarity with basic software development practices, and a desire to work in a highly collaborative, open, and dynamic environment.
1. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation. Interfaces with and tracks all areas affected by the scope of the project, including business users, and vendors.
2. Develops and tracks budgets and financial cost forecasts to support the objectives of the project.
3. Defines project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organizes and leads project status and working meetings; prepares and distributes progress reports; manages risks and issues; corrects deviations from plans; and performs delivery planning for assigned projects.
4. Assists in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leverages organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; mentors and develops team members.
5. Supports product owners in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance.
6. Defines and manages a well-defined project management process and champions ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile project management.
7. Promotes empowerment of the team, ensures that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourages a sustainable pace with high levels of quality for the team.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Healthcare domain (nice to have)
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.