Primary role focuses on analyzing the programmed functionality of the company's computer systems, so familiarity with Windows and Unix-like Operating Systems is required;
location: Rochelle Park, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Under general direction, participates in and coordinates the design, testing, implementation, and evaluation of automated and manual financial accounting systems; and performs related duties as required. Gather requirements and analyze data, develop solutions, project consequences, and evaluate results; Plan, organize, and prioritize work; Must be able to work well as part of a team; Establish and maintain working relationships and interact with staff with limited computer knowledge; Balance competing priorities; Gain cooperation and consensus through discussion and persuasion; Influence others to work together toward common goals.
With extensive knowledge of financial systems and employer's operations, those in this position are expected to design new business processes and review system changes due to ever-changing business requirements as the organization rapidly expands and enters various new markets; Candidate is responsible for managing, testing, implementing, and documenting these projects from start to finish. Ability and desire to quickly learn new systems and software are a must. Work is both generally independent and yet collaborative in nature.
qualifications: *Requires at least 5 to 10 years of related experience.*
- Primary role focuses on analyzing the programmed functionality of the company's computer systems, so familiarity with Windows and Unix-like Operating Systems is required; Various computer programming skills (Perl, Shell scripting, C++, Java/JS, PHP) will be utilized and any additional web services experience (.NET, SOAP/REST, Ruby) as well as advanced database technology and database design methods (MS SQL Server, PostgresQL) are needed.
- Experience with large accounting or enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook), e-mail, and internal chat platforms is required for this position.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, finance or a related field is required for this position, and applicants with significant prior work experience are desired.
skills: Daily tasks include but are not limited to:
- Support and maintain financial information technology (IT) system on a daily basis.
- Work closely with billing team to translate new requirements into enhancements to financial IT system as is required.
- Make enhancements to current scripts to make them more efficient.
- Troubleshoot problems, resolve system issues, and improve overall data quality and system use.
- Work with users to minimize disruptions and encourage full use of the system.
- Document standard processes and common problems.
- Generate various billing reports upon request.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.