job summary: Job Title:
IT Project Management Advisor
Healthcare Client is seeking a highly motivated and experienced IT Project Manager to manage Data & Analytics efforts as part of a growing team of project managers.
This role will report into the PMO and will support the Data Management Services organization to ensure appropriate considerations for best practice, strategic goals, and operational risks are managed across the entire Data Management Services book of work. In this role, the candidate will work in a fast-paced environment to navigate a combination of waterfall, hybrid, and agile practices across multiple IT and business organizations to drive successful delivery of Data & Analytics efforts.
Successful candidates will be able to balance traditional project management responsibilities with mentorship and training as we evolve into a more agile and efficient organization.
This is a dynamic project management role where process improvement and innovation is highly encouraged to drive successful project delivery and increased release train velocity. Candidates with previous healthcare or financial industry experience with data management and exchange are best suited for this role.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 53 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Provides expert content/professional leadership on complex IT Project Management assignments/projects.
- Responsible for managing, directing and planning one, but occasionally more than one, complex project consisting of one or more project teams.
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and assigning project tasks, team building, maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT.
- Applies project development methodologies and reporting techniques to indicate project status.
- May manage and direct one or more project teams of project managers, specialists, analysts and programmers to meet complex project objectives.
- Reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets.
- Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing corporate needs.
- Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives.
- Organizes and guides project operations through the use of methodologies accepted by the industry.
- Evaluates progress and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to IT projects.
- Modifies schedules as required.
- Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support. Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT.
- Exercises considerable creativity, foresight, and judgment in conceiving, planning, and delivering initiatives.
- Uses deep professional knowledge and acumen to advise functional leaders.
- Focuses on providing thought leadership within IT Project Management but works on broader projects, which require understanding of wider business.
- Recognized internally as a subject matter expert.
- Assertive, driven personality that works to uncover information independently
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Financial planning and analysis
- Strong grasp of PMI, Agile, and SDLC concepts within the project management world
- Ability to focus on detail while working across multiple projects, work streams, and delivery organization to drive timely, auditable IT delivery
- Ability to communicate effectively across varied audiences (Technical, Business, Leaders, Individual Contributors)
- PMP Certification
- Agile/SAFe certification
- Broad understanding of Data Management Concepts, including exchange/service architecture
- Prior Medicare/Medicaid and Regulatory Entity knowledge
- EDI/HL7/CDA/FHIR knowledge
- Prior experience working in a transformative agile environment
- Healthcare Business/Informatics Analytics experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.