job summary: Technical Lighting Artist needed for Contract Opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA
Our client is looking for a contract technical lighting artist to work on the next big experience in their franchise. They're looking for a solid team player with excellent communication skills who can work with directors, leads, designers, engineers and of course other artists, but also be self-sufficient and work independently as required. You will be creative and flexible, able to follow art direction and technical briefs and most importantly of all be driven to help us produce the highest quality real-time lighting possible. Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Understanding of CG lighting technology, both real-time and software rendering.
- Understanding of lighting theory, color space, photography, exposure, reflection, occlusion, dynamic range, color correction, post-process, etc.
- Understanding of physically based materials and workflows, global illumination and light baking techniques.
- Used to working with the balancing between visual quality and performance requirements.
- Experience with real-time game engines.
location: REDMOND, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 39 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Responsibilities Creation of dynamic lighting using our proprietary game engine software. Work with the Senior Technical Lighting Artist, as well as engineers to help establish and enforce guidelines, standards and budget for lighting solutions. Create and maintain documentation of lighting processes, pipelines, workflows and technology. Help test and verify dynamic and baked lighting techniques and tools. Help set up and run tests against offline rendering systems and real-life lighting references, as well as to verify game content. Adjustment of shading materials and textures to increase the fidelity of the lighting to enhance the levels visuals and gameplay experience. Actively improve skills and knowledge base by keeping up to date with cutting edge industry trends and technologies and evaluating new lighting ideas, systems and packages.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- CG Lighting
- Game Engines
- tool or pipeline or shader development
- Lighting Artist
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.