The Epic Clinical Projects team is responsible for deployment, maintenance, lifecycle management, troubleshooting, and support for clinical applications. As an analyst on the Epic Clinical Project team, this position performs a variety of duties relating to Clinical Information Systems applications, specifically Epic. Responsibilities include serving as an Epic technical resource to the Project Team, IT, End Users and Key Stakeholders; performing analysis, design, build, validation, and testing of Epic modules and related applications. Relevant applications include but are not limited to Epic Optime, Anesthesia, Radiant, Home Health, Hospice, and Phoenix. Additional responsibilities include participating in and/or leading project planning meetings and activities, as well as management of new Epic functionality and custom modules to support ongoing operations
location: Sacramento, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $79,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Serves as technical resource to staff and project team to resolve unusual problems/situations.
- Designs, develops, tests, implements and evaluates information systems for the organization to ensure successful implementation of the products, and a highly productive work force.
- Utilizes appropriate product development models (design, build, validate, test, other), principles and techniques in system development and implementation.
- Analyzes current documentation and data flows in departments and designs system to reflect appropriate work flow.
- Develops system functionality and tools to meet organizational department needs, in collaboration with end user departments.
- Participates in the application training program, including re-training as updates and modifications occur.
- Incorporates information system standards and operational standardization in accordance with administrative/operational strategies.
- Performs maintenance of integrity of master files and patient data, as appropriate.
- Participates in Application Deployment Go Live support, which may include working evenings, nights, and extended hours.
- Participates in Application On-call support rotation, including carrying a pager and adhering to policy availability and response times.
- Participates in the EMR Hosting project to provide software application and services to external health systems. Participation requires regular on-site visits to attend meetings with external project stakeholders, and go-live support.
- Consults and works closely with other members of the Program Team, IT staff, and stakeholders to ensure development and implementation of functionality which will best meet the needs of the client
- Develops and analyzes indicators for new and existing functionality to ensure optimal user effectiveness and efficiency.
- Monitors and evaluates new functionality for potential implementation as application updates.
- Develops documentation of system design, modification, maintenance, and enhancement function.
- Develops system fallback processes and procedures in collaboration with Technical Team, IT and other affected departments.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of management and information systems trends and professional practice standards.
- Demonstrates integrated information system functionality to a variety of audiences, including leadership.
- Performs needs assessment (identification of functional and system requirements) for complex workflows that cross multiple departments.
- Integrates standardized nomenclatures, naming, and numbering conventions, and/or security classifications into applications, using recommendations developed in collaboration with other health care disciplines.
- Coordinates and evaluates the development and integration of standardized tools into applications.
- Problem-solving requiring analysis of unique issues/problems without precedent and/or structure.
- Troubleshoots complex issues of broad scope with clinical software, hardware, operating systems and/or distributed clinical information systems.
- Identifies and coordinates service and support as needed between clinical engineering, IT, networks, departments and outside vendors.
- Serves as a technical leader, conducting in-depth analysis and documentation of system specifications and identifying process changes as a result of system upgrades and new releases. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
- Expert proficiency in one or more clinical applications.
- Experience with analysis, build, implementation and support of healthcare information systems, workflows, and regulatory requirements.
- Experience working with clinical information systems or system implementation teams for complex projects and/or application development is required.
- Experience resolving complaints and grievances in a professional and confidential manner.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of operational practices and principles.
- Demonstrated experience leading information system projects in a healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated experience applying advanced project management strategies and concepts ensuring consistent project success.
- Application of appropriate methods and tools to the systems development life cycle as related to informatics.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of project management tools.
- Demonstrated ability to gather information from multiple sources and analyze applicability and appropriateness, and develop an efficient workflow and subsequent computerized process.
- System analysis and design knowledge needed to understand functional requirements and translate these functions as applicable to computerized processing.
- Ability to apply advanced problem-resolution skills to highly complex issues, quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and change management skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
- Effective facilitation of collaborative decision-making.
- Experience with large-scale databases.
- Working knowledge of total computer environment including hardware, operating system software and application software.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, organizes work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and communicate thoughts logically and develop insightful conclusions.
- Sound decision-making and ability to set and achieve goals.
- Advanced analytical skills and expertise in documentation and reporting, with the ability to apply metrics, plan and implement testing systems, collect and analyze performance data, and produce substantive reports and analyses for management use. - Advanced ability to serve as a technical leader and information resource, and to work collaboratively with key personnel and management, providing guidance and recommendations on systems, improvements, upgrades, and industry advances and trends.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and personal initiative and accept responsibility for decisions and actions.
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables and perform at high level.
- Proficient in office automation software (word processing, spreadsheets, visual presentation such as MS Project, Visio, etc.) Preferred Qualifications:
- Epic certification in at least one of the following: Epic Optime, Anesthesia, Radiant, Home Health, Hospice, Phoenix, EpicCare Ambulatory, Epic Inpatient ClinDoc.
- Experience analyzing all levels (local, state, federal) of regulatory requirements with respect to systems implementation.
- Academic institution or large integrated health system experience preferred.
- Experience working with interfaced/integrated multi-vendor applications preferred.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.