Our client, a growing Healthcare technology firm, is in need of DevOps Engineering candidates to join an already talented DevOps Team. The overarching goal for the DevOps team is to provide the tooling, information, and guidance required for software development teams to build, validate, deliver, and support their own applications via self-service catalogues.
This role will design, implement, and maintain the standardized environments and processes necessary to deliver and manage code from cradle to grave prioritizing security, speed, and scale. As a senior engineer you will be expected to participate and provide key input on architecture and design of new and existing projects as well as provide the technical though leadership needed to coach and direct junior engineers.
The DevOps engineer will leverage their programming/scripting expertise, knowledge of cloud-native software application architecture, and experience in the software development lifecycle (SDLC) to identify requirements and coordinate the execution of resulting cross-functional activities between Infrastructure Operations, software engineering departments, and other external business units.
location: SANTA BARBARA, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Automate everything! To minimize manual work and version controlled Infrastructure as a Code model of management including Terraform and Ansible.
- Participate in the ground-up design and planning for current and future products and services.
- Evaluating and recommending new cloud and software technologies or related solutions
- Collaborate with peers on work estimation/planning and implementation of new versions/features of tools.
- Brainstorm for new ideas and ways to improve development pipeline
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations
- Document and design various processes; update existing processes
- Research and recommend technology frameworks for source management, software build, infrastructure management, and continuous integration.
- Provide leadership and practical knowledge for cloud environments like AWS.
- Analyzes, designs, codes and implements technology software solutions.
- Implement and manage the CI/CD pipeline.
- Implement and maintain monitoring and alerting.
- Build and maintain highly available production systems.
- Build tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues or request
- Design and document procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- Development Operations Engineer
- Cloud (3 years of experience is required)
- AMAZON WEBSERVICE
- Git Source Code Management
- CI/CD (3 years of experience is required)
- automation (1 year of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.