Our client, a growing Healthcare technology company, is in need of SysOps Engineer candidates to join an already talented Infrastructure Management team. The SysOps team is responsible for enterprise level internal and external operations management and support, implementing and supporting of Microsoft Windows systems, IoT & MDM Enterprise solutions, VMware/Hyper-V virtual environments and Public Cloud AWS, Azure, GCP environments, in a highly collaborative and fast paced environment. Responsibilities include identifying and correcting performance issues, providing support to developers, infrastructure teams, DevOps and end-users. These positions can sit in either Goleta/Santa Barbara, CA or Alpharetta, GA.
location: Goleta, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
- Current, enterprise-class Infrastructure/System Engineering experience with Microsoft platforms running on Intel servers utilizing directly attached VMWare vSAN and traditional SAN attached storage. - Expert design knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, Global Catalog, Group Policy, and server configuration; - Lead teams of Engineers and Junior Engineers on large projects (i.e. system migrations, STIG imaging, standardization, Active Directory upgrades, etc.) - Participate in project planning, solution delivery, mentoring and teaching improved processes to team members - Troubleshoot and resolve field endpoint devices during emergencies with minimal oversight, persevering until resolved - Perform routine preventive maintenance on servers and other endpoints and automate those processes - Install and/or upgrade Microsoft Server Operating Systems in via Infrastructure as Code using Packer and/or Ansible - Perform advanced virus, malware and ransomware mediation - Improving existing platforms and procedures by evaluating latest trends and conducting POCs on latest technologies; collaborates and communicates with IT Technical teams, end users and DevOps on IT strategies. - Performs all non-emergency disruptive maintenance, repairs, and upgrades (i.e., operating system upgrades, server refresh, enhancements, installs etc.) during non-business hours or as coordinated. - Provides 24x7 on-call production support; provides triage and root cause analysis. - Performs system administration activities, including server management, performance monitoring, management of system resources, auditing system logs, back-up and recovery, security, storage management, server and solution design, process improvement and automation using DevOps tools, and maintenance of complex systems. - Manages monthly patch maintenance; conducts and responds to Windows security audits; works with Enterprise Security to define and implement Windows security policy. - Identifies, troubleshoots, documents, and resolves the root causes of repeated incidents. - Automate everything! To minimize manual work and version controlled Infrastructure as a Code model of management including Terraform and Ansible
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
- systems engineer
- System Engineer
- Active directory (3 years of experience is required)
- Windows (3 years of experience is required)
- Group Policy
- SQL Server
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.