Sr. Project Manager
The client seeks a highly motivated, self-managed senior Project Manager to participate in the modernization of business applications. The selected individual will work with a project team which consists of employees and consultants.
The Project Manager will lead iFamilyNet Foster Care re-engineering project team.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Facilitate the finalization of scope and stakeholder requirements across high profile Foster Care Management technology project.
- Define and track against schedules, establish stakeholder alignment, and address obstacles while proactively working across varying business lines and cross-divisional stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery of multiple functionalities.
- Analyze information needs and functional requirements, evaluate information gathered, reconcile conflicts, decompress high level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from underlying true needs.
- Facilitate cross-function team meetings to develop new business solutions and enhance existing ones, conducts impact analysis of upgrades and changes for department/functional areas, and evaluates systems and business processes for feasibility.
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language and standard UML methodologies.
- Lead on-site and off-shore development teams in understanding the overall objectives, timeliness and requirements
- Lead and direct application training to ensure the end user of the business application fully understand all the features and functionality. Train peers in subject matter and technical expertise areas.
- Analyze, prioritize and assign Change and Defects management issues.
qualifications: Experience and Qualifications:
- Excellent project management and business analysis aptitude
- High level interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing,
- Experience with JAVA (or any Object-Oriented language) applications preferred
- Extensive experience in:
- Leading a project from requirements stages to roll-out
- Gathering and documenting reporting system requirements for information technology projects
- Coordinating and deploying technical products to end users
- Developing and implementing cross organizational business process flows
- Developing and delivering end user trainings
- Experience with SQL and relational database query - Oracle preferred
- Ability to communicate technical information (written and oral) to a non-technical audience
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience/specialized training) in IT or related discipline.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.