IAM Application Integration Specialist
Our Major Financial Client is looking for an Identity Access Management (IAM) Application Integration Specialist who will be part of the Information Security Operations and Solutioning team within the Information Technology Division.
The position will support Business Application teams to on-board their applications to the Ping Identity Platform. Day-to-day support includes, but is not limited to, interfacing with application/project teams to assess application access requirements, configuring Ping components (PingAccess, Ping Federate & PingDirectory) to business requirements, validation testing, troubleshooting, maintaining work queues and statuses, and working with the IAM Operations, Engineering, and Solutions teams to continually improve processes.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $74.99 - 75.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
1. Security Administration and Operations
- Work closely with technology and business stakeholders to understand goals, determine requirements, design and implement authentication and authorization solutions to meet business objectives, IT strategic initiatives, corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Work with internal and client-side resources to deploy and support PingAccess, Ping Federate & PingDirectory in high-availability environments.
- Work with internal and external customers to integrate their applications with PingFederate/PingAccess.
- Work with internal and external teams integrating their applications with federation protocols like SAML, OAUTH, OpenID Connect and WS-FED.
- Provide operational support for applications integrating with PingAccess, Ping Federate & PingDirectory. This can include overnight and weekend deployments.
- Protect and secure company resources in the cloud, virtual and physical infrastructures.
- Contribute to developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's), resiliency plans, and other necessary documentation to support Operations and Engineering in the authentication and authorization space.
- Coordinate with other support teams to ensure issues impacting the IAM tools and systems are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Augment production support team to ensure 24/7 coverage and operations. Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Coordinate with Information Security team to ensure solution assurance and compliance to security policy, procedures, standards and baseline security configurations.
- Understand and advocate IT Security standards, reference architectures.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions and strategies.
- Provide strong communication and collaboration to keep project stakeholders, peers/teammates, and leadership informed and aware.
- Be a role model and technical mentor to the junior and mid-level engineers, work alongside of highly collaborative, open minded, technology savvy and dedicated team members.
- Problem solving with repeatable processes.
- Contribute to developing SOP's and runbooks to promote successful operations.
- Ensure processes reflect our technical obligations of system uptime and performance.
Keys to Success in this Role
- Must be able to effectively perform both independently and collaboratively as a strong team contributor
- Problem solving with repeatable processes
- Typically has 5-8 years of relevant experience in IT Security
- At least 2-3 years of experience with managing/supporting PingAccess, PingFederate & PingDirectory
- Hands-on experience with at least one Directory Server/LDAP technology
- Experience in UNIX scripting, Administration, developing custom authentication and authorization plug-ins, Kerberos, certificate and key management, strong authentication / multi-factor authentication systems, and end-to-end troubleshooting at network and application layer
- Experience working with SAML 2.0, Kerberos, Web Services and Representational State Transfer (REST) interfaces, OAuth, OIDC, and MFA
- Experience in Java Programming and Scripting
- Knowledge of security issues, techniques and implications across computing platforms.
- Knowledge of the IAM lifecycle with emphasis on runtime application access management
skills: - Experience in application migration from IBM Tivoli Access Manager / Security Access Manager, or other suite of IAM solutions, to PingIdentity's suite of tools.
- Experience in web application security and development with OIDC, OAuth, and legacy header-based assertions.
- Exposure to varied operating systems - UNIX, Linux, Windows
- General understanding of key IT components - LDAP, Networking, firewall, load balancing, Federated Identity.
- Experience in PingIdentity Platform Automation using Admin API and Ansible
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Leadership: Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Personally and proactively engage with customers to learn their needs and do what is needed to meet those needs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.