This person will be a member of the DBA team and primarily responsible for managing day to day operations of E-business suite, B2B and MIS applications. The right person will manage the corporate database environment by performing installations/configurations, upgrades, patches and workarounds. Take proactive measures to keep databases up and running in optimal condition, support and respond to user issues in a timely manner. Performance monitoring using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM), install agents, ability to generate and understand AWR / ASH performance reports and take necessary steps to resolve complex problems in a 24x7 Production environments. Perform application and database clones to build support / test instances. Plan, coordinate, and implement projects or products as required. Understand the technology workspace in terms of current state, future possibilities, forthcoming technologies and their relevance and impact.
location: Santa Clara, California
job type: Contract
salary: $103 - 107 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related degree.
- Minimum 10+ years of Oracle E-business Suite Administration (11i, 12i) experience on Solaris/Linux
- Strong Oracle Database Administration( 10g, 11g, 12c) experience on Solaris/Linux and windows operating systems
- Thorough knowledge of the Oracle Applications Framework, architecture, technology stack and application cloning methodology.
- Experience in installation, patching, configuration and support of 24/7 production databases.
- Preferred experience with middleware software's for B2B, Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic platform exposure.
- Experience with Oracle Discoverer, Hyperion and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition(OBIEE) Deployment, maintenance and upgrades.
- Experience in Hot/cold backup mechanisms using Netapps storage and snapshot clone concepts.
- Experience in configuring high availability environments using Oracle Data guard and recovery procedures. Having Disaster Recovery (DR) architecture experience is a big plus.
- Experience in E-business suite performance tuning and Using Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- DBA level experience with UNIX shell scripting and PL/SQL knowledge.
- Be able to coordinate with development teams and software vendors on issue resolution & planning
- Knowledge on Oracle Support processes for technical requests with Metalink
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong team skills as well as the ability to work independently.
- Oracle certification(s) required
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Oracle DBA
- Oracle ERP (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.