Mid-Level Systems Analyst/Developer will consult directly with Business Analysts, web application developers, Testing (SQA) team, Business users, and others, to design and develop application code as requested and approved through the Systems Request, Information Request, and Help Desk ticket processes.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot DTA Midrange applications code using JAVA, XML, and HTML, etc.
- Develop, maintain and update program code as needed to address issues and defects.
- Research, analyze and document reports, batch, and web-based processes.
- Test programs and program changes by reviewing and/or preparing test data, conducting test runs and reviewing input and output data.
- Consult with Business Analysts for clarification of needs and analyzing requests for new systems/programs, or requests for maintenance, to determine feasibility, input/output procedures and required systems output.
- Write test plans, task lists, and status reports to comply with agency standards, and as required by Unit Manager/Supervisor/Director.
- 3-5 years of experience in Solution, Design and Hands on Development of web applications using Java EE, JBoss Server
- Experience in Object Oriented Analysis and Design using Java and UML
- Experience use of Eclipse (commonly used plug-ins and debug techniques)
- Experience is SOAP, REST services specifically Apache CXF.
- Experience in using Java frameworks - Spring or similar frameworks, and JQuery.
- Experience in developing both web and mobile based projects.
- Experience In reports development using Jasper Reports.
- Integration experience using Web Services/SOA and EJB preferably on JBoss platform
- Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge on SQL and Stored Procedures.
- Provide production support that includes evaluate defects, investigate cause and come up with solutions to address defect.
- Experience in AGILE based project development.
- Experience with Oracle, Unix Shell script, Stored Procedures, Complex SQLs tuning.
- Experience with eligibility rules engine is a plus.
- Health and Human Services domain experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.