Senior Infrastructure Analyst - Cisco AMI
CCIE or CCNP Routing and Switching certification required**
This position is responsible for optimizing and troubleshooting Cisco AMI network. This position is responsible for the strategic planning and execution of technology enhancements to ensure reliable AMI communications. This position requires a highly technical and broad understanding of Cisco solutions, and the Secure Network Infrastructure they use. Must have strong knowledge of Cisco ASR, complete understanding of Flex VPN, and extensive experience with IPV6.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 61 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Main areas of responsibility include:
1) Act as a steward for the AMI Solutions - Assess the business impact vs value of making changes in an extremely dynamic environment, and establish, communicate, and execute the plan.
2) Provide leadership in making technical decisions needed to address a broad range of technical issues impacting the ability to consistently communicate with AMI devices.
3) Assist with Enterprise AMI network issues to help identify issues occurring with AMI IT hardware and support the resolution of AMI system events and issues.
4) Administer SNI settings to ensure networking equipment is configured optimally.
5) Assess and implement best practices to ensure AMI stability.
6) Assess, implement, and validate upgrades/changes to field devices and headend applications.
7) Provide AMI business and technical subject matter expertise across the enterprise to support future opportunities to leverage AMI data.
8) Support AMI strategy development in partnership with various business groups, IT, Telecom, and Vendors.
9) Participate in industry and vendor forums to identify best practices and lessons learned.
10) Ensure the timely communication of AMI changes or events that impact business stakeholders.
11) Support event restoration activities.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 8+ Years of Telecom/Networking Experience
- CCIE or CCNP Routing and Switching certification
- General knowledge of Cisco FND
- Palo Alto experience / certification or other Enterprise firewalls
- BlueCat experience with IPV6 and IPV4
- General knowledge of Cisco's IPv6 Mesh Communication technology
- General knowledge of AMI Secure Networking Infrastructure components and their use
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including conflict management
- Advanced knowledge of computer systems and applications
- Core business process understanding and process development experience
- Demonstrated Expertise in Decision Making, Critical Thinking, and Problem Solving
- Risk Management skills
- Strong Collaboration Skills
- Oversight and management of multiple request/issues simultaneously
skills: Working Conditions:
- 15-35% travel is required to support employees, key business leaders, and vendors.
- Support Storm Teams across all regions when needed.
Education Requirement: CCIE or CCNP Routing and Switching certification
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.