Our client, a growing manufacturing company in the The organization requires an intelligent leader capable of leading a large team toward a common goal wile exhibiting leadership qualities to enable peak performance.
This role is responsible for the manufacturing operations of their Atlanta area site and has 5 direct reports. Accountable for maintenance of safe and legally compliant operations, delivery of the production plan, provision of plant for required maintenance, cost control and the operational liaison with the project engineering team.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Safety & Compliance
- Ensure all plant equipment and processes are maintained / operated in a safe and legally compliant manner.
- Accountable for reporting line, responsible for all personnel, in ensuring compliance to required safety policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the operation of a functional and compliant safe work permit system
- Accountable for maintenance of required quality standards throughout reporting line.
- Ensure operating costs are monitored and controlled effectively and efforts made to maximize efficiency of the operation.
- Build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure that relevant processes and procedures in place to cover routine operations.
- Ensure all plant personnel are trained and competent
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local and corporate policies, processes and procedures.
- Development of the shift supervisor organization to enable them to provide consistent leadership and supervision to the plant personnel.
- Personnel management including development of personnel on site, performance management, individual feedback and review processes, disciplinary process, new hire process.
- Deliver daily production schedule safely and efficiently.
- Coordination of finished product shipment
- Coordination of maintenance and contractor activities.
- Ensure work force headcount is aligned to meet the workload.
- Perform any other duties as required by changing business conditions.
- 2+ years experience in Production / Operations Management
- 5+ years experience in the Oil / Chemical industry
- Bachelors Degree or higher is required
- Maintenance of ISO 9001 certifications for the businesses by complying with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which this role participates.
- Is knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations including OSHA PSM mandates.
- Ensures clear and direct 2-way communication within his/her team and other organizations
- Establishes and consistently delivers on KPIs and challenging goals for him/herself (and/ team)
- Champions and role models the values of diversity and inclusion through everyday interactions in groups or 1:1s
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.