Our client, a growing manufacturing company in the Atlanta area is growing an looking for a Maintenance and Engineering Manager to join the team. The purpose of the Maintenance and Engineering Manager position is to effectively manage the maintenance of existing plant assets plus the design and installation of new plant assets at their facility. The key deliverables are timely and cost effective maintenance of plant facilities, industrial equipment, and machinery along with management of capital funds, technical resources, and skilled craft people. Value creation comes from application of sound engineering principles, adherence to regulatory policies, and the use of up-to-date information to effectively and efficiently manage the available technical, capital, and human resources.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Oversee development of the annual plant maintenance and engineering budget. Prepare monthly current estimates of maintenance and engineering cost. Provide leadership that ensures that the site's physical assets and equipment are effectively maintained within budgeted limits to consistently and timely meeting customer volume and quality requirements.
- Manage plant capital budget - Oversee development of annual plant capital plan and prepare monthly current estimate of capital spending. Assure that the investments being made in new plant assets are truly required and are based on good economics.
- Manage the human resources within the Maintenance and Engineering department. The Maintenance and Engineering Manager must oversee the salary administration, performance evaluation, and career development of the salaried, nonexempt, and hourly workforce. This includes: communication with direct reports; meetings with maintenance and engineering staff; involvement in performance and disciplinary actions; oversight of maintenance apprenticeship programs; and development of long-term human resource replacement and succession plans.
- Oversee the design and installation of new plant assets. Assure that design and construction of these assets are being conducted according to current standards, state and federal law, and accepted industry practice. Insure that the new installations will be safe, reliable, and accomplish their intended purpose.
- Oversee operation of plant MRO warehouse. Assure that the inventory of spare parts is sufficient to maintain the reliability of plant assets, while minimizing the working capital tied up by holding these spares.
- 5+ years of Managing Capital Programs
- 5+ years of Managing Plant Maintenance
- Industry/product and equipment knowledge
- Computer proficiency (SAP, Word, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of overall business processes, understanding of corporate capital vs. expense guidelines,
- Knowledge of MRO inventory management techniques
- Knowledge of OSHA laws which pertain to both the Process and Construction industry
- Adherence to cGMPs is required at all times during the manufacture process.
- Bachelors Degree or Higher
- Develop and track Key Performance Indicators for Maintenance and Engineering. Develop and implement plans. Based on these indicators, they will move the department in a positive direction for continuous improvement.
- Act as organizational back up to Plant Manager
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.