job summary: Description
Platform/DevOps Engineer to support our team responsible for the management of day-to-day operations and maintenance of our cloud-based infrastructures to ensure smooth operation. The right candidate will contribute to DevOps, continuous delivery, cloud resource management (EC2, S3, EMR, etc.), system design, data access, operations, and sustainable activities across development, staging and production environments and will work closely with Engineering and Product Owners across multiple squads to ensure proper and timely deployment of customer's solutions.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $100 - 115 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
Additional responsibilities include:
- Enable productive workflow management and job orchestration via Airflow.
- Participate in system design planning and review to support a largely 24x7 operation.
- Participate in providing technology assessments in support of automation and technology migration initiatives.
- Recommend improvements; maintain/monitor production and non-production systems to ensure infrastructure performs at maximum efficiency.
- Recommend system design and configuration that minimizes cloud consumption costs.
- Provide support of our applications including escalation and system performance of production platforms.
- Perform systems analysis and tuning to ensure optimal operating systems response for multi-user applications.
- Implement/maintain IT security guidelines.
- Use innovative methods and technologies to identify and solve problems related to performance, scalability, reliability, and availability.
- Automating operational processes using scripting languages.
- Develop, implement, and continually improve system and monitoring and alerting capabilities and procedures.
- Write knowledge base documents to improve operations, SOP and contribute to IT organization.
- Amazon Web Services operation, maintenance, implementation and design
- Includes Airflow, Snowflake, EMR Clusters, EC2 management, IAM, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch, EBS management, AMI, Jenkins, containers and more.
- Work with Enterprise Platform team to leverage enterprise products and processes
- Experience working with big data technologies, e.g., Spark, Hadoop, Python
- Strong scripting for task automation in Python or other scripting language
- AWS or other cloud management system APIs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Cloud technolgy
- CICD tools and processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ensuring that solutions leverage industry best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent work experience in a technical or quantitative field; Masters or MBA degree a plus.
- 2+ years project experience deploying cloud solutions (AWS)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.