job summary: Summary:
- This is a key contributor role on the Network Security Operations team team which provides support and management as well as subject matter expertise in support of the Authentication, Authorization and Accounting (AAA) for Network Services.
- As part of this role you will be providing Level 3 support and engineering oversight to multiple teams and functions including capacity management, technology lifecycle, deployment, configuration management and security operations.
- This role will support the design, testing, implementation and service validation of the AAA solutions to ensure all engineering standards and security principles are met.
- In addition we collaborate with our Architecture and Engineering teams to control the release of new solutions and partner with our Network Security Operations teams to resolve incidents impacting the financial services.
location: Henrico, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Provide day to day operational L3 support based on best practices, engineering standards and security principles
- Creates detailed change implementation plans and work instructions for downstream execution teams for Break Fix change activity
- Provides level 3 escalation support to the Network Security Operations teams
- Collaborates with engineering and implementation teams from service design through integration and transition into operations for new solutions
- Performs design validation and QA testing of new services to ensure successful production and operational support deployment
- Partners with Information Security teams to enforce compliance with all Financial security standards
- Ensures security controls are implemented and operating effectively as part of solutions delivery
- Reviews capacity and performance metrics to ensure availability of all services
- Core Technologies in Scope:
- Aruba ClearPass Policy Server, Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), familiarity with Cisco ACS
- Network Access Control (NAC) experience: 802.1X based network access control implementation experience
- Other Technologies
- Functional with Active Directory
- Aruba Airwave knowledge a plus
- 5-7 years of experience in Authentication.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Strong subject matter expertise across various enterprise identity authentication technologies ranging from AAA (RADIUS/TACACS), 802.1X technologies (Wired/Wireless), RSA and token based systems.
- Experience with Aruba ClearPass Policy Server, Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE) and Cisco Access Control System (ACS) is required
- Experience with Network Access Control (NAC) 802.1X for Wired and Wireless networks is required
- Experience working with SSL Certificate Authorities, and certificate management
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and authorization protocols, cryptography and application security.
- Expert understanding of network protocols TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SSL, TLS, 802.1.X, etc
- Strong hands on security troubleshooting, network-based forensics, and proficient with packet analysis tools like Wireshark, etc
- Experience with root cause analysis, risk mitigation, security assessments, analysis of security threats, trends and architecture preferred.
- CCIE Security or similar L3 security certifications are desired
- Java scripting knowledge is desirable
- Top 3 Must Have Skillsets Required
- Aruba Clearpass manager; Cisco ISE, Cyberark or similar vaulting tool
- Level of Experience Needed 3-5 years
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.