Java Application Systems Engineer
This Sr Application Systems Engineer will be responsible for analysis, development, support and maintenance of internally developed application solutions. Qualified candidates will have a strong leadership presence, solid technical background, experience consulting on business solutions as well as create and maintain solid relationships with business and technology partners.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $44.72 - 50.31 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Act as a lead in providing application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable
Technology, tools and existing designs. Analyzes highly complex business requirements, designs and writes technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications. Provides coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code. Acts as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs. Oversees overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production. Develops new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides. Leads projects, allocates and manages resources and manages the work of less experienced staff. Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and oversees creation of or updates to and testing of the business continuation plan.
- 7+ year(s) experience in Java and J2EE full stack development
- 3+ year(s) experience in working web application development using Spring, JSP, Spring MVC and Hibernate
- 3+ year(s) experience in using SQL and Hibernate Experience using Oracle or SQL Server
- 3+ year(s) experience in working as development lead for a project team
- Hands on experience in triaging production and test environment issues using industry standard support and monitoring tools
skills: - Strong communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ year(s) experience in working in Agile development environment using Scrum or Kanban methodologies
- 3+ year(s) experience in other Spring related platforms: Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Integration and Spring Security
- 3+ year(s) experience in unit testing using any one of the following testing frameworks: Groovy, GMock, JUnit, Mockito, EasyMock, JMock, Spock
- 2+ year(s) experience in SPA development using Angular.js or React
- 2+ year(s) experience in micro services design and development on Cloud Foundry Platform
- 2+ year(s) experience in batch processing platforms: Quartz Schedulers, Autosys
- 3+ year(s) experience in any of the following middleware platforms: Tomcat, Weblogic, Apache
- 3+ year(s) experience in working with SDLC tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle and Code quality tools
- 3+ year(s) experience in SOA development in any of the technologies : Rest Services, SOAP, XSD authoring, JAXB, JMS, IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ
- Experience in leading development teams as team lead or tech lead
- Experience in using agile development tools such as JIRA Agile, Version One, Raleigh
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.