job summary: Summary:
- Senior Java-J2EE Web services Engineer/Developer
- Leading financial institution, seeking software professionals to build/engineer highly-resilient and mission-critical systems, that directly impact customer's financial health.
- Person would be joining the development team within the Data organization, responsible for managing single version of truth around Core Customer Profile data, Contact, Customer preferences, Customer services, AML/KYC, authentication, Client onboarding, Data rules, Downstream Data Provisioning etc., The Data Applications/SORs support individual, small business, wealth, trust and large corporation LOBs to enable customer-data through various real-time and batch services.
- Applications interact with 200+ financial channels including Online financial , Call center, financial center, Fraud, Mortgage, Card, Private Finance etc., Dynamic and challenging environment dealing with high transaction volumes of 100+ million calls/day and response times ranging from 50-300 milliseconds, with zero tolerance on defects, data quality issues and system downtime.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 65 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Enthusiasm and a ?strong desire to learn and grow? within the organization. Passion, Creativity, Innovation for working in a fast paced & result-oriented team environment.
- Forward thinking, understanding the ?why? and retain focus on long-term strategy, application stability, re-usability and flexibility.
- Work with the architects, developers, offshore, business and technology stakeholders in a complex environment across different geographic locations.
- Take ownership of the business outcome and development/delivery
- Ability to evaluate design options and influence others in making technology/design decisions.
- Demonstrated the ability to mentor and coach less experienced people in the team.
- Ability to champion pragmatic, strategic technology alternatives which deliver short term results while contributing to long-term strategic direction.
- Experience in Waterfall and/or Agile Methodologies.
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to change.
- 7+ years of Java/J2EE and Web services development.
- Extensive development experience in building Restful/SOAP web-services, Service Oriented Architecture, good understanding of Service-Modelling
- Extensive development experience in Core-Java, Object Oriented concepts, Asynch Messaging etc.,
- Extensive development experience in various open source frameworks like Apache CXF, Hibernate, Dozer, Spring MVC, Apache Camel
- Demonstrated experience in multi-threaded programming and developing applications to support large scale workloads.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with RDBMS platforms (DB2, Oracle), data modelling, complex queries, optimization, scalability considerations and fine tuning.
- Good experience with Web sphere Application Server and MQ Messaging framework
- Good Experience in Unix/Linux Operating systems
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering, MIS or equivalent
- Experience in Agile development & practices.
- Experience in supporting Customer-Data Platforms for financial institution.
- Experience in production support, trouble-shooting around threads, memory, JVM, Splunk, AppDynamics a plus.
- Experience in Mulesoft development.
- Experience with NoSQL and NewSQL products (Cassandra, MemSQL)
- Master Data Management, Data Quality/Data Management, Analytics, ETL
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.