The IAM Engineer/Java Senior Developer role in the Infrastructure Security Technologies (IST) organization delivers solutions utilizing commercial off-the-shelf products and custom developed solutions. These solutions must consider industry best practices as part of each design. This individual will be responsible for design, development, implementation, and support of high-performance distributed applications and services. Expertise in the integration of complex enterprise components will be necessary to support the products within the IST organization. In addition to Identity Management Engineering, this role utilizes appropriate programming languages to develop and/or modify new and existing applications that help integrate processes within security technologies across other functional areas within the organization.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: Key Responsibilities
- Perform hands-on Java Development by supporting legacy applications while implementing the adoption of modern software engineering & delivery practices using Java, Spring Boot REST/Microservices, etc.
- Provide guidance for architecture design and development of applications, products, and services, lead implementations and ensure successful delivery of solutions
- Identify technical opportunities and risks to improve the overall quality and resiliency of applications in partnership with other application development team members.
- Ensure technology requirements and challenges are resolved in a consistent and timely manner.
- Research and evaluate new technologies/tools/software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities in line with the technology strategy of the organization.
- Work with the business and systems teams to identify the right architecture for implementing new solutions, products and modules.
- Design and develop Proof of Concepts (POCs) to validate suitability and viability of new technologies and solutions from both functional and technical perspectives.
- Support the systems and business teams with estimates, analysis, design, development, performance, scalability and benchmark test guidance and providing subject matter expertise in technology and design.
- The role requires the following:
- strong analytical acumen
- solution orientation to understand the nuances of assigned engineering and development activities across geographic regions, IT server environments or operating systems and to solution within the same as well as to guide and plan appropriate solutions
- consultative questioning, influence management and critical thinking skills to understand a current directive and ability to recommend and design viable web development solutions that are both cost effective and supporting the value to the business
- Communicates all ongoing activities and results to business sponsors, stakeholders as well as management as part of knowledge sharing and reporting.
- Provide exceptional system support for products, tools, applications, and LOB inquiries.
- Maintains a proactive approach to learning about IAM-aligned components within the Information Security Active Directory technical environment Single Sign-On (SSO) configuration, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP).
- Demonstrate a passion for learning and willingness to adopt new technologies.
- Required: BS/BA degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science or related work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of technical experience in the architecture, design and development of mission critical applications utilizing a wide range of technologies and vendor platforms to service the business needs preferably in the financial industry
- Ability to collaborate with business and technology teams to create practical, robust and scalable architectures and solutions meeting the business and technology goals/strategy of the organization
- Good understanding of physical and logical data models, including system integration in relational databases, Active Directory, LDAP Directories, Linux, etc.
- Experience with enterprise-wide Secure SDLC and SDLC methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile
- 2+ years of experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- 2+ years of experience in J2EE technologies, Basic Java, Angular, and XML
- 2+ years' experience with of Webservices and REST
- Working experience with relational database such as Oracle/DB2/SQL is highly desirable
- Ability to conduct code reviews and work with build (maven, Ant, Gradle) and automation tools (Git, SVN)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate within teams in systems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.