Data Analyst Specialist
Our Major Financial client is seeking a Data Analyst Specialist to support their Reporting Initiatives. This individual should be able to look at their current manual reporting processes and provide automated solution.
location: Mc Lean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $61.99 - 62.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 6pm
- Perform complex financial data analysis to research issues, document data derivation, and data movement requirement
- Develop key project artifacts business/data requirements, risk and control assessments, SOX
- Recommend reporting solution
- Collecting and interpreting existing data and reports
- Identifying patterns and trends in data sets.
- Working alongside teams within the business or the management team to establish business needs
- Defining new data collection and analysis processes
- Build reports with latest reporting tools
- Reporting the results back to the relevant members of the business.
- Accounting, Finance and Information systems background
- 8-10 years of experience in designing and building complex reports
- Expertise in querying, analyzing, and testing complex relational and non-relational data
- Experience with planning and executing data conversion, data mapping, and data reconciliation activities
- Strong data and financial analytical skills; Ability to quickly understand complex financial concepts
- Proficient in MS Access and/or SQL preferred (Proficient in advanced Excel required)
- Demonstrated business analysis experience with the project lifecycle using Waterfall or Agile methodologies
. Bachelor's Degree
skills: - Strong verbal and written communication skills; highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple tasks
- Proven ability to learn new business concepts and skills quickly
- Strong attention to details with proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to understand business needs and determine potential solutions
- Solve complex problems independently when developing solutions
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.