job summary: Summary:
- We are building a new strategic reference data platform for client, account and instrument data.
- Platforms initial rollouts have been successful and we are looking to expand and extend.
- We need top-tier Reference Data developers who have a strong and successful track record of solving hard problems and out of the box thinking.
- We work in a dynamic environment and expect new joiners to be flexible, self-sufficient and learn our business, our data and our technology stack with minimal supervision.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $77 - 85 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- They will lead the push for horizontally scalable, high performance applications. 5+ years of Java programming, Scala is a big plus
- Heavy background in Markets Reference Data Platforms strongly desired - Assist with migration, automation, and development specific to Reference Data platforms Exposure to an Agile Reference Data development environment with use of Jira
- Self Starter with the ability to prioritize development pertaining to Reference Data infrastructure - Strong problem-solving and communication skills and enjoys a collaborative environment
- Flexible, self-starter, fast-learner willing and able to quickly learn new technologies and skills
- Experience with functional programming is a big plus
- Experience with graph technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Semantic Web (RDF) and Sparql is a plus - Experience with distributed computing is a plus. Familiarity with Zookeeper/Storm/Spark/HDFS is a plus.
- Experience with search technologies is a plus. Familiarity with Lucene/Solr/ElasticSearch is a plus - Experience with enhancing and maintaining mission-critical software in a fast-paced environment is a plus
- Ability to work independently ? take nothing for granted, ask questions, learn the business, desire to understand not only what to do, but also why.
- Scala knowledge or experience (or demonstrated desire to learn on their own)
- Deep, hands-on knowledge and experience in building applications, end to end, in Java, Python or C++.
- RDF / Symantic Web / noSQL DB knowledge or experience (ex. MongoDB)
- Exposure to distributed frameworks (hbase, hadoop, spark
- Knowledge/experience in reference data (client or product
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.