Our client in Jacksonville, FL is looking for a Network Security Engineer
to join their growing team. This is an onsite opportunity in Jacksonville. Sponsorship is not available.
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
We are looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for maintaining and administering our company's computer networks firewalls. Your primary duties will include Palo Alto firewall, software, as well as other related systems, performing disaster recovery operations, protecting data and software. You will also be working closely with the users of our network in order to identify potential issues and fix existing problems.
To be a successful candidate, you will need to have a strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware. You will also need to be able to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network devices including WAPs, firewalls, routers, switches, and controllers. A deep knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols is highly desired. Network Engineer Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
- Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
- Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
qualifications: Network Engineer Requirements:
- 3 or more years demonstrated proficiency and experience in design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting technology or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education
- 2 or more years' experience with maintenance and management of distributed endpoint sensors / agents across a diverse enterprise network
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS)
- Solid understanding of the OSI or TCP/IP model
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Demonstrate proficiency with Palo Alto Firewall implementations and policy configurations
- Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
- Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Network security experience.
- Data Center Operating systems: Windows server; Windows Workstation enterprise; Red Hat Enterprise (RHEL) version 6 and 7; and IBM Unix (AIX)
- Enterprise endpoint safeguards and countermeasures
- Experience analyzing business requirements and translating them into technical solutions
- Works without daily supervision to meet customer expectations
- High critical thinking skills to evaluate alternatives and present solutions that are consistent with business objectives and strategy
- In-depth knowledge of Information Technology field and computer systems
- Demonstrates organizational skills
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Demonstrates initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Basic understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Industry standard Cyber Security Certifications: CompTIA Security+, CSANS GIAC Security Essentials (GSEC), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (ISC2 SSCP)
Bachelor's degree in information technology or a related field of study with a network engineering focus or relevant work experience. Required Certifications:
CCNP or higher (CCIE and/or CISSP highly valued)
skills: Network Security
Palo Alto Firewall
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.