Business Initiatives Consultant
This candidate will lead collaboration across the Control Group that is required to document business processes and their associated risks, controls, issues, risk acceptance decisions, third party vendors, policy exceptions, applications, planned changes, and self-assurance activities.
This will provide transparency to business executives into all relevant risk-related information associated with each process, as well as provide assurance of the effectiveness and sustainability of the risk management activities and controls for each process. The Risk Integration function will effectively partner with process owners to identify, develop, inventory and map processes, risks and controls, as well as collaborate to design incident response playbooks, business policies and assurance activities.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $49.44 - 55.62 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- 7+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 4+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills - Specifically MS Excel/Word
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- A BS/BA degree/higher or equivalent experience
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring a risk-based compliance program to assure compliance with federal, state, agency, legal and regulatory requirements or providing oversight to a compliance function
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Ability to influence across all organizational levels, particularly senior management
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment
- Knowledge and understanding of financial services industry: compliance, risk management, or audit operations
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Strong understanding of policies, procedures, and programs to ensure appropriate and effective risk mitigation controls are in place
skills: The candidate will work closely with other senior leaders across the company in the development and execution of company's strategies. Accordingly, critical success factors will include the ability to develop partnerships with many business and functional areas, provide insight into the economic climate and related market developments and identify trends, which may present opportunities or reflect gaps in the Company's risk management execution.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.