job summary: Description:
This role spans a range of software development activities including scope and requirements analysis, research, design, development, automation, documentation and support of an existing product line. The candidate filling this role will be expected to work with architects, engineering leaders, and members of the core Scrum engineering teams to deliver high-quality products and solutions for our commercial customers.
location: Hartford, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $43.10 - 53.90 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
responsibilities: Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Bring new ideas and an innovative approach to the development process.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to team challenges
- Developing, testing and debugging application source code per specifications - including refactoring
- Work with Client Support or directly with the clients to resolve reported installation and production issues.
- Perform comprehensive quality code reviews
- Ability to work both independently and within an Agile team environment
- Tools: Microsoft Visual Studio, MS SQL 2012+, Git, and TFS/Azure DevOps
qualifications: Required Qualifications:
- C# experience
- Must be coder-oriented/OOP; she needs someone who can code both automation and manual testing.
- Need to be able to deliver quality code with low-maintenance.
- Needs to have work experience of 3-5 years
- Bachelor's degree or High School diploma with 2-5 years of IT work experience.
- Cloud based experience (1 year minimum)
skills: Strongly Preferred:
- CI/CD experience
- Open Source experience (e.g. Jenkins, OpenShift)
- Healthcare industry knowledge
- Familiarity with Rally (CA Agile) or a similar tool (e.g. Jira)
- Familiarity with security principles/requirements in software development
- Ability to develop and maintain a good relationship with peers and clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.