Senior Software Developer Java
The purpose of this position is to ensure high quality of delivery for critical business functions through design, development, and integration of test automation frameworks. The Software Automation Developer will collaborate with a cross functional team of product owners, software developers, system analysts, and system engineers to enforce quality deliverables through automation.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $85 - 90 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Design, code, test, debug, maintain, and document software applications.
- Follow established software development standards and procedures and contribute towards their improvement.
- Support critical business functions through the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications and systems.
- Participate in peer code and design reviews.
- Coordinate with departments and users in the support of business applications.
- Contribute software development expertise to multiple projects and ensure that specifications are met.
- Develop complex application features and create technical designs.
- Represent the IT department in terms of software development expertise in coordination with other departments.
- Experienced with a wide range of technologies.
- Provide technical assistance to the team, as needed.
- Prior experience with USF
- Prior experience with Non-relational DBs
- Knowledge of application security concepts
- Experience with agile SDLC
- Experience working with JMeter to automate ui load testing
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience in Designing/implementing end to end automation frameworks
skills: - Software automation in an agile environment 6+ Years
- Proficient in at least 2 of: Java 7+, .NET, Bash, Ruby, or Perl 5+ Years
- Behavior-driven development using Cucumber 4+ Years
- Development frameworks (Spring, Junit, Selenium) 5+ Years
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.