job summary: Summary:
- Our client is looking for a Business Analyst / Developer to join our team to support automation of regular and ad-hoc reporting.
- The team is producing a number of regular and ad-hoc reports covering all aspects of Portfolio Management including Finances, Execution and Resources.
- The team is in the process of automating production of these reports.
location: New York, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $58 - 68 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- The Role: Designs and prototypes data analytics and reporting solutions for a Project Portfolio Governance Team. Works with project and portfolio management practitioners to gather requirements and to facilitate adoption.
- Works with SMEs to understand data requirements and translate them into data models.
- Works with cross functional teams to gather relevant datasets.
- Assembles large, complex data sets and automates data validation and ETL processes.
- Must Have: Strong technical background with proven experience in using Relational Databases, implementing data quality, analytics, ETL and Reporting. Extensive experience with SQL.
- Experience in data warehouses and data governance. Hands-on experience with Microsoft Excel and proficiency with VBA to develop database-driven automated spreadsheets.
- Excellent communication skills and strong problem solving abilities Must be deadline oriented, delivery and execution capable, able to identify risks and quickly resolve issues, influence outcomes across multiple organizations, platforms and stakeholders.
- Able to think abstractly and reduce complex issues and/or solutions to simplified, actionable tasks.
- Be able to influence and work at all levels of engagement - from stakeholder influencing to Agile methodology deliverables.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- 7 - 10 years defining/establishing complex corporate systems.
- Experience with Data Visualization in Tableau
TOP 3 SKILLS
- Advanced SQL proficiency
- Data analysis skill
- Business Analysis skill
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.