Cisco Voice Engineer
The Cisco Voice Engineer will be assisting with Cisco PBX upgrade some responsibilities will include troubleshooting the Cisco phone systems related technical incidents and provisioning MACD requests.
location: Dorchester, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 45 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The primary area of expertise for this position is Cisco Call Manager, UC (Communications Manager, Unity Connection and voice gateways).
- Evaluate, design, develop and maintain data networking, VOIP PBX systems and Contact Center System
- Participate in the deployment of new technologies and projects
- Management, monitoring and support of Cisco UC solutions including: Communications Manager, Unity Connection, Voice Gateways, Acme Packet SBC, recording System, Telepresence and Videoconference
- Work with a ticketing system, making timely entries and adjustments as required. Experience with monitoring/management platforms.
- Interact with Service Provider and Carrier for incident resolution and change request
- Act as a third level of escalation on incidents
- Candidates must possess strong skills and experience across a range of the following: Excellent Communication, UC Architecture, and troubleshooting Cisco Voice, Data, and Video Conference Systems.
- Understanding of networking concepts including Basic IP Routing, 802.1q, VLANs and QoS
- Strong customer interaction skills and positive attitude
skills: Desired Qualifications:
- CCNA Collaboration
- CCNP Collaboration or equivalent skill will be a plus. Must have at least 5 year of experience administering, engineering, and debugging Cisco Voice Solutions
- Have experience with current Cisco routing and switching technologies
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.