We have an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Portfolio Management Consultant in San Antonio, TX for a long term contract.
This role will be highly visible and focus on the overall strategy and execution to help develop and implement an Enterprise Portfolio Management process as well as facilitate C-Suite level meetings.
Must have extremely strong leadership, advisory, and strategic background who is results driven and work closely with the Portfolio Director providing coaching and knowledge transfer.
Must have 7-10 years of diverse roles and increasing leadership responsibilities across major projects or programs as well as the following:
* Substantial consultant leadership experience
* Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate the portfolio objectives, inspire and motivate staff, and maintain alignment to the business strategy
* Possesses a high degree of political sensitivity, astuteness and the ability to effectively use the informal power structure of the organization to achieve success and clear obstacles for the portfolio
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain and "sell" the portfolio goals and objectives to business as well as technical leadership
location: San Antonio, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $80 - 93 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Start up a Portfolio Management Process
Ensure adherence to the appropriate governance functions relating to the portfolio and in accordance with the enterprise guidelines, policies, and practices
Facilitate and coordinate efforts of the senior leadership toward the establishment of the project portfolio definition, its structure and process, from demand management and strategic alignment of projects and programs; to portfolio categories and criteria; through evaluation, selection and prioritization; to execution, tracking and measuring the achieved results.
Engage with and conduct reviews with senior executives, stakeholders, and steering committees and other relevant bodies to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs as required.
Conduct regular meetings with the senior leadership to inform and alert then of any issues arising from the performance of the individual projects within the portfolio to assure the on-plan usage and consumption of resources and funding, and to highlight any variances.
Lead reviews of significant initiatives, projects or programs that are challenged and provided recommendations as to whether it should continue, be significantly changed, placed on hold or discontinued.
Collaborate with senior leadership, business areas, and IT to identify opportunities for applying technology development to the challenges from growing digitalization.
Ensure the oversight and coordination of dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio, and resolve or escalate conflicts.
As mandated and resourced by leadership, ensure and balance the availability of the required skills and competencies across projects and programs teams within the project portfolio.
Direct the development and maintenance of communications and reporting around the project portfolios, their contents and the individual performance of initiatives to stakeholder and governance boards and senior leadership
Direct the creation and maintenance of the required project portfolio documentation and artifacts
Support and advise executives on actions required to balance the portfolio of existing assets and services
- Experience level: Executive
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Portfolio Management (7 years of experience is required)
- Stand up Portfolio Management Process (5 years of experience is required)
- Led Diverse Teams (3 years of experience is required)
- Leadership Skills (5 years of experience is required)
- Develop and implement Enterprise Portfolio Management (5 years of experience is required)
- PMP certification
- developing and implementing Enterprise Portfolio Management (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.