Sr. Wireless Engineer
job summary: GENERAL PURPOSE:
This is a senior role in our Shipboard Connectivity team which works with all technical and business areas of the company to provide connectivity locally and internationally in the cruise line industry. The Sr Wireless Engineer is responsible for the operation, design and management of the wireless Networks with a goal to continuously improve connectivity, performance and guest experience.
location: Hollywood, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $0 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
responsibilities: ESSENTIAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall engineering leadership and perspective to cross- organization projects, programs, and activities
- Acts as Team Lead as directed by IT Managers / Director
- Sets WIFI technical and operational standards for Vendors and organization
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with technology and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on engineering design and development.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the engineering design organization.
- Designs and deploy functional wireless networks
- Resolves issues that tiers of support have escalated
- Mentors team members and addressing user needs
- Coordinates change management initiatives
- Researches and recommend products and solutions that will enhance the network.
- Automates tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Provides oversight in new builds for ships and represents the team during projects and calls.
- Investigates complex wireless issues
- Assists in lab testing and user acceptance tests.
- Works closely with other technical and business teams during design.
- Leads multiple project teams of other engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of development across multiple engineering disciplines for complex products, platforms, systems, software, and technology solutions.
- Participates in an on-call rotation at least every two months to support any critical issue on the network.
qualifications: REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 5+ years of Industry-related experience in wireless environments
- 5+ years of implementation and delivery experiences in networking and solutions in support of wireless networks and IP based networks, preferably in a Professional Services (PS) capacity.
- Education: Typically requires BS/BE/ME/MS University degree or equivalent. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Professional certification such as CCNP Wireless, CCNP Wireless, CCIE Wireless, Aruba ACMA
- Experience in RF Design for Enterprise, Hi-Density, Industrial Environments
- Solid background in wireless and network administration and architecture
- In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. EIGRP, BGP)
- Experience with wireless diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. Prime, AirWatch, and Solarwinds)
- Exposure to Cisco and Aruba products, 3rd party Wireless products, 3 rd party Wireless intrusion detection and prevention solution, 3 rd party wireless location solutions, RF survey tools, RF performance management tools
- Experience with Deep understanding of Cisco network elements, Wireless Controllers & Access Points
- Experience with networking technology, LAN Switching & Routing, and understanding of WLAN protocols
- Excellent understand of RF fundamentals including propagation, MU-MINO, Link-budget, attenuation, MCS index and SISO/MIMO.
- Must have excellent industry knowledge and theoretical understanding of 802.11 specifications (a/b/g/n/ac/ax) and protocol stack
- Good working knowledge of RF calibrations and RF metrics
- Spectrum Analyzers, Traffic Generators and/or others.
- Strong knowledge of 802.3 networking protocols, Routing, and Switching
- The candidate should be a self-starter who is internally motivated and strives for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be highly motivated individual willing to travel. The position may require monthly travel of one week per month average
- Individuals in this position will need to be goal oriented and expected to own/drive relationships with the co-team members, engineering business units
- Exceptional communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills
skills: Desired/Preferable Skills
- Demonstrated abilities to juggle simultaneous work tasks ranging from system/solution integration to complex technical issues dealing with protocols, Access Points and other technical area
- Good knowledge of Cisco CMX, Hyper-location, BLE products/technologies and applications or equivalent 3rd party solutions
- Ability to work with the technical ambiguity and demonstrate value to the client
- Able to provide coverage heatmaps
- Strong understanding of networking security including Firewalls, ACL, Application Gateways, IDP/IPS
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.