job summary: Position Description
- TensorFlow is an end-to-end open source machine learning platform. It has a comprehensive, flexible ecosystem of tools, libraries and community resources that lets researchers push the state-of-the-art in ML and developers easily build and deploy ML powered applications.
- TensorFlow powers a diverse community of developers, enterprises, and researchers using ML to solve challenging, real-world problems. It is used by companies like Airbnb, Coca-Cola, GE Healthcare, Google, Intel, and Twitter.
- As an interaction designer, you naturally have an ability to make a complex product feel simple and intuitive.
- You should have an inspiring portfolio and a love for complex problems and the ability to clearly articulate how a product should meet the needs of technical users.
- We're looking for an interaction designer who thrives in ambiguity and complexity. Ideally you are someone with experience working with enterprise products or other technical software.
- You are a self-starter who can take an idea and run with it, get stakeholder buy-in, and work closely with PM and engineering leads to ensure a successful launch.
- You are passionate about effective collaboration and are comfortable working very closely with a team of researchers, product managers, and engineers.
The position is based in Mountain View, CA.
location: Mountain View, California
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 103 per hour
work hours: 9am to 6pm
- Understand stakeholder goals, research possibilities, and build consensus on design solutions
- Create new designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wire-frames, mocks, and prototypes.
- Communicate design intent to stakeholders through well crafted presentations and other means. Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users' needs.
BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years of industry experience (preferably with machine learning
- Experience designing complex systems, like enterprise products, developer tools, or internal infrastructure
- Strong communication skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and advocate design solutions
- Excellent knowledge of user experience design and related tools and techniques Proven logical, analytical, and investigative thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.