As a Siebel Developer, you will provide support for critical business functions through the development, implementation, and maintenance of applications systems. Most importantly, a majority of your work will take place leveraging the use of Siebel 7.5, PowerBuilder, related tools and resources. You will provide Siebel 7.5 expertise to assist our client's development organization stabilize the environment, reverse engineer our client's Siebel customization and extract Siebel case data. Extract the Siebel database data dictionary and extract historical case data.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $53 - 60 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Providing daily production support for Siebel.
- Providing code development and configuration expertise for Siebel.
- Administering, maintaining, and serving as the lead technical expert for the entire Siebel System.
- Providing technical assistance by responding to inquiries about errors, issues, or questions.
- Conducting unit testing and coordinating user testing to find errors and confirm application meets specifications.
- Analyzing code to find causes of errors and revising programs.
- Standing up Lower Environments
- Extracting Siebel Data dictionary
- Mentoring other team members with less Siebel experience.
- Routinely monitoring application and server performance in Siebel environment.
- Maintaining a reasonable amount of documentation for all Siebel enhancements and fixes.
- Coordinating with departments and users in the support of Siebel applications.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Type of Experience
- Have gained 7 or more years of experience completing similar duties as outlined above.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college and/or university (Computer Science, Information Technology, and Software Engineering).
- Must have thorough knowledge and understanding of functional and technical out-of-the-box features of Siebel Release 7.5 CRM.
- Must have advanced proficiency using Siebel Tools, including repository management and migration.
- Strong configuration skills: Applets, Views, Business Components, Joins, Links, Data Mapping, etc.
- Must have eScripting/SiebelVB experience, especially for data validation or business process validation that cannot be done through configuration.
- Experience using Siebel EAI, EIM and Integration Objects.
- Familiar with Siebel best practices regarding configuration and scripting.
- At least 4 years of Siebel implementation experience (7.5 or higher) with participation in each phase of at least 1 full Siebel lifecycle implementations.
- Experience integrating web services in Siebel with other applications and vice versa.
- Actuate report development for Siebel.
- Experience with Siebel State Model and Siebel Audit Trail.
- Strong technical foundation including: structured programming (C++, Java, C#, etc.), understanding of relational database concepts and structures, knowledge of T-SQL scripting, structured system analysis and design methods, etc.
- Acting as an analytical thinker who solves problems and develops continually more effective solutions to them.
- Can make informed decisions quickly and leverage your communication abilities to implement them.
The following skills are desired:
- You have previously leveraged agile software development, such as SCRUM and XP.
- You can use your past experience of business workflow automation with SharePoint or other BPM products, as well as PL/SQL, J2EE, SOAP, and ASP.NET to create innovative solutions.
- You have previous usage of agile SDLC (Scrum preferred), high availability architectures, PL/SQL, scripting languages and Oracle Access Manager (OAM).
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.