job summary: Looking for a WPF developer, strong C# , XAML, Heavy Rest framework. This is a windows side role if the person is stronger in webforms and asp.net they are NOT a fit. You will see things like vd.net winforms and Windows side interface development.
location: Smithfield, Rhode Island
job type: Contract
salary: $50 - 54 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Understand business requirements, contribute to complex software solutions, work constructively with other developers and be committed to the highest-level quality.
- Work closely with the user community and other technical groups in a highly collaborative, cross-disciplinary environment.
- Develop original and creative technical solutions to ongoing development efforts
- QA/test all project work
- Work under moderate direction
- Develop comprehensive documentation for multiple applications supporting several corporate initiatives
- Provide application support by serving as an on-call resource in support of the organization's service and escalation model
- Acquire a full understanding of the software development process including analysis, design, coding, unit testing, system testing, problem resolution, project planning and release management.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of professional software development experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with VB.NET or .NET Framework
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with C#
- A minimum of one year with Visual Studio 2015 or 2017
- A minimum of one year with WPF
- A minimum of one year with WCF
- A minimum of one year with REST and/or MS Web API
- Experience with relational databases, specifically Oracle
- Experience with XML, HTML
- Strong analytical and design skills and excellent problem solving/debugging ability
- Outstanding Object Oriented Analysis and Design skills
- Knowledge of Design Patterns and n-tiered architectures
- Strong SQL skills including performance tuning
- Experience with Microsoft UI and business service solution development
- Knowledge of MVVM design pattern a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, for status reports, project plans and summaries
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.